The Student Room Group

A2 psychology OCR G543 revision thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Can someone send me their evaluation notes for disorders (anxiety disorder - phobia)? Much appreciated as I'm struggling with this area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jodie.irwin27
I will private message you now with some tips :smile:

Im A2 student , any tips for me would be much appreciated please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sam_Coburn
Im A2 student , any tips for me would be much appreciated please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I only had tips for the AS exams haha. any tips for A2 are in this thread :smile:
Has anyone got evaluation notes for Sutherlands theory on differential association? Thats the only one in upbringing im unsure on as its not a study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chevy Wood
Has anyone got evaluation notes for Sutherlands theory on differential association? Thats the only one in upbringing im unsure on as its not a study

Posted from TSR Mobile

very reductionist. I mean some of his principles are ridiculous and make absolute no sense?! lol

you could say it supports the nurture side of the nature-nurture debate and therefore provides evidence for it.

Not generalisable? especially to different cultural groups, so you could say it has ethnocentric bias.

that was a quick brainstorm lol it's hard to evaluate but quite easy to relate to debates I suppose.
Original post by Chevy Wood

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only one I can remember at the moment is, how can crime exist if criminal behaviour is learned? He says we cannot invent criminal behaviour so how did it first come about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got any evaluation notes for all/most of the studies, I have the ocr A2 book but it only explains the studies it doesn't evaluate...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarita_c23
Has anyone got any evaluation notes for all/most of the studies, I have the ocr A2 book but it only explains the studies it doesn't evaluate...

Posted from TSR Mobile

By A2, a key skill is being able to evaluate yourself.
If your not the best at evaluation issues, have a list of them and their definitions so you can transform them onto your studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yellowglitter19
By A2, a key skill is being able to evaluate yourself.
If your not the best at evaluation issues, have a list of them and their definitions so you can transform them onto your studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bare in mind its a lot eaiser and quicker to revise evaluations rather than do them all yourself for each study, cause at the end of the day the points you personally made could be the same as those on multiple resources from the Internet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mariagoretti
Hey guys,
Are the studies for disorder and dysfunctional behaviour interchangeable?For example,my chosen disorder is phobia so can I use the studies for phobia to explain treatments and explanations for both disorder(phobia) and explanations and treatments for dysfunctional behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am doing phobias also and the studies are interchangeable :smile: that's what I'm doing!
Original post by PahaPants
Yeah I am doing phobias also and the studies are interchangeable :smile: that's what I'm doing!

Sighs**
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else thinking of skipping the making a case subsection(hazelwood,heritage and canter) because its come up 3 times?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Can someone send me their evaluation notes please? For anxiety disorder (phobias) I'm really struggling with this section. Anything would be appreciated :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jodie.irwin27
Bare in mind its a lot eaiser and quicker to revise evaluations rather than do them all yourself for each study, cause at the end of the day the points you personally made could be the same as those on multiple resources from the Internet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's just easier, most people are asking for evaluation notes because it's a lot easier to have them already there to learn from

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Is anyone doing Sport and Exercise?! Everyone seems to be doing Health!
Original post by annag4
Is anyone doing Sport and Exercise?! Everyone seems to be doing Health!

Im doing forensics and education, seems like no one else is doing education lol!
Reply 196
Original post by random1234567
Im doing forensics and education, seems like no one else is doing education lol!

I know it's so annoying because there seems to be so many resources for health/forensic and none for anything else!!
Hey guys! Although a lot, I'm finding this paper fairly easy to revise for as it's structured and I know exactly what I need to revise. Does anyone have any tips for section B of g544? It just seems so random and there's like 25 odd methods, approaches, issues and debates :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
does anyone know what came up for psychology of education in june 2013
Original post by happy11
does anyone know what came up for psychology of education in june 2013

I'm not doing education but my college have the June 2013 paper up, (I've attached a screenshot of the education section) :smile:

Also, guys, I'm pretty sure my pattern is correct. I've gone through every exam paper 3 times and no topic has come up twice - I'm almost 100% certain that for forensic it'll be poverty and disadvantaged neighbourhoods, false confessions and/or minority influence!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending