The Student Room Group

A2 psychology OCR G543 revision thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

what are the advantages of situational and individual explanations? could you just relate to the advantages of the social and individual approaches?
Hey, sorry if this has already been asked (I can't find it anyway), but does anyone have any ideas on how to introduce the farrington, weatherburn or Sutherland studies/theories? I mean, what can I write about in the first part of a section A on any/each of these studies? My teacher gave us booklets of the studies but included no background for these :frown:
Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 782
Original post by jodie.irwin27
forensic
5 (a) Describe locus of control with reference to health behaviours. (10)

5 (b) To what extent are theories of health belief reductionist? (15)

6 (a) How could adherence to medical regimes be improved? (10)

6 (b) Discuss the usefulness of research into adherence to medical regimes. (15)

there were two on after a guilty vedict - Haney and Zimbardo, Sherman and Strang

health

6 (b) Discuss the usefulness of research into adherence to medical regimes. (15)

7 (a) Outline behavioural treatment for dysfunctional behaviour. (10)

7 (b) Compare approaches to treating dysfunctional behaviour. (15)

8 (a) Describe the characteristics of one anxiety disorder. (10)

8 (b) To what extent is it valid to identify a disorder from a list of characteristics?(15)

I think you repeated a couple of the health questions for forensic? Also I don't suppose you know the sport ones? :smile:
Original post by annag4
I think you repeated a couple of the health questions for forensic? Also I don't suppose you know the sport ones? :smile:

sorry! I'll redo

forensic
1 (a) What does research into moral development tell us about criminal behaviour? (10)

1 (b) Discuss whether individuals have free will when turning to crime. (15)

2 (a) Describe research into the effect of witness confidence in the courtroom. (10)

2 (b) Assess the usefulness of research into witness appeal in the courtroom. (15)

health

7 (a) Outline behavioural treatment for dysfunctional behaviour. (10)

7 (b) Compare approaches to treating dysfunctional behaviour. (15)

8 (a) Describe the characteristics of one anxiety disorder. (10)

8 (b) To what extent is it valid to identify a disorder from a list of characteristics? (15)
Hey I'm a bit confused in the treatment for offenders in after a guilty verdict, is ear acupuncture classed as a biological treatment?
Does anyone know if a section has ever been repeated in the next series? So like last years turning to crime was cognition, it is very unlikely for it to be repeated?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Possibly not. It is very hard to predict for this exam... Just because there is so much. Revise all of it as much as you can :smile:
Original post by violinM
Possibly not. It is very hard to predict for this exam... Just because there is so much. Revise all of it as much as you can :smile:

Thanks :smile: yeah I know so much to learn but you use so little in the actual exam..not really fair!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExamTime17
Does anyone know if a section has ever been repeated in the next series? So like last years turning to crime was cognition, it is very unlikely for it to be repeated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't ignore it if you have the time! It's a bit of a gamble. They've done it a few times. Diagnosis came up three times in a row once! (Jan 12, June 12, Jan 13).

They know us students like to use process of elimination to make our revision easier, so they fool us. :frown: Hoping that because we haven't had a January exam this year that they'll be kinder to us.
Now I'm starting to get really nervous... great.

How are you guys revising? I'm basically writing out the studies I know the least such as the Treatments of Disorders studies in health and clinical and doing timed past papers... but Forensic studies are a lot longer, therefore harder to remember :frown: !!
Reply 790
Does anyone know the june 2013 sport questions??
If a study is low in generalisability then does that mean it is low in reliability too?
Original post by moment of truth
If a study is low in generalisability then does that mean it is low in reliability too?

Not necessarily, because it might use a standardised procedure (high internal reliability). But I'd link it to external validity - population and ecological validity. :smile:
Original post by socially inept
Not necessarily, because it might use a standardised procedure (high internal reliability). But I'd link it to external validity - population and ecological validity. :smile:

Ahh okayy thanks :smile:
Ahh okayy thanks :smile:

No problem :smile:

I'm so anxious about the exam tomorrow, hopefully we get decent part b questions. I had my history exam this morning which went really really well (never thought I'd be saying that haha)
Original post by socially inept
No problem :smile:

I'm so anxious about the exam tomorrow, hopefully we get decent part b questions. I had my history exam this morning which went really really well (never thought I'd be saying that haha)

Same and I have an exam in the morning too! But hopefully it should be okay. :smile:

Good to hear :smile:
Reply 796
As there's a whole topic called Reaching a Verdict with a sub-topic also called that, if there's a part B question on Reaching a Verdict, can we use any study from the whole topic or just the 3 in the sub-topic (like Minority/Majority influence and Stages of Decision Making)? If this makes sense. :tongue:
You know the False Confession study (Gudjonsson and MacKeith) could we say that it is low in ethics due to lack of protection from harm etc?
Original post by Kelly-
As there's a whole topic called Reaching a Verdict with a sub-topic also called that, if there's a part B question on Reaching a Verdict, can we use any study from the whole topic or just the 3 in the sub-topic (like Minority/Majority influence and Stages of Decision Making)? If this makes sense. :tongue:

I think we can only use the 3 in the sub-topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know the False Confession study (Gudjonsson and MacKeith) could we say that it is low in ethics due to lack of protection from harm etc?

I don't think so, Gudjonsson and MacKeith were only documenting it, probably after he had been released so they didn't do anything ethically wrong! You could claim that the interrogation was ethically wrong but that would be more to do with Inbau.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest