The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Buy that stuff you paint on your nails and tastes foul. Acts as a reminder if you put your hand to your mouth without thinking. Any chemist will have it.
nail varnish, braces on your teeth...I have the nail biting prob too. :p:
Reply 3
Ive tried that, it didnt work
Reply 4
I stopped biting mine when I had braces as my nails were so short i couldnt get them to my teeth anymore so i stopped. I'm not recommending getting braces purely to aid stopping u biting your nails but if braces are a possibility for u they may help. :smile:
Reply 5
Acrylics
Damn, I've just bitten my nail so far that I've made it bleed. I hate it when that happens.
Reply 7
It is a hard habit to break but it is possible. I recommend getting some false nails to wear and then painting the false nails with the foul tasting stuff from the chemist. You would be amazed how off putting plastic coated in that stuff is. At the end of the day it takes will power hunni, and don't beat yourself up if you slip slightly. Just start again and you will eventually beat it.
Good luck.
Blessed Be.
Zenfrozt
Reply 8
It's disgusting
Reply 9
Lover_21
It's disgusting

No, you THINK it is disgusting, other people don't.
Reply 10
It is disgusting.
Reply 11
I nearly stopped, but then one annoyed me so I bit it off, and then the others went too :frown:

I can't use the vile tasting stuff as I have to take a lot of tablets. And with acrylics, I just sorta chew the edges. I don't think I'll ever stop.
Reply 12
Anyone heard of nail clippers?
They won't stop you biting your nails.

It's not disgusting unless it's done too far/grossly in public. But when you are at home watching tv or something, you do it without noticing.

I stopped by just concentrating really hard on not doing it. The stuff you put on them doesn't work. Just concentrate on one nail at a time if you can't do it any other way, then work your way up to having to bite none of them!
here's an idea: go for a manicure. that way you wouldn't wanna ruin the pretty manicure. :p:
man I should be taking all these advice cos I'm a habitual and unconscious nail-biter myself. hahhaa
Don't stop! Nail biters rule!

Also, it gives you something to do when you're bored.
hahahahaha my slogan is "if they're white, bite!"
Reply 17
I painted my nails, and avoided cutting them.. They got much stronger painting them and leaving them to grow. Ive not bitten mine in 4 months.
i have this habit 2... stopd until exam period!!!

really need to stop!
Become a fishmonger.

Seriously, I used to get all kinds of fishy guts and gunky stuff under my nails, it stopped me biting them I can tell you! Even though I knew they were clean, my hands permanently smelt of fish (can't get the smell off) and so I kicked the habit.

Until I got a different job, and started again... :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending