The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

exactly the same thing happened to me and now i have an 18 month old daughter! things happen, mistakes get made. i hope this is just a shock for you and your not preg - next time - get decent condoms!

Fingers crossed for you.

xxx
Reply 21
Are you trying to scare the life out of me!!?
Reply 22
Anonymous
Are you trying to scare the life out of me!!?

at least if you're scared by it you won't make the same mistake again!
Reply 23
Anonymous
Ok guys i need some help here! If you had sex with someone, unprotected, but he with drew from you before he ejaculated, it's unlikey that you'll be pregnant right? I know it's risky....also, then say your period came the next day, does this mean you wont be pregnant? Or would it be the next period that you miss....? I'm quite scared, i really do not want a child right now. But basically i'm on my period at the moment so you'd assume i wouldn't be pregnant right? And then as of tomorrow I'm starting the pill....but that's quite scary too, because i wouldnt know if i was pregnant then would i, as u get "fake periods," on the pill. When would u start gettin symptons if u were pregant, and what wld they be....aaaaaah please help me!

Just a warning you shouldnt start the pill unless you are a 100% sure you are not pregnant. the reason being that there can be big side effects. For example this is just one pill but on dianette if u start it and you are pregnant then there is great possibility that the baby could be born deformed. Also you are unlikely to be prescribed the pill if there is a possibility you are pregnant.
Reply 24
Anonymous
But if was pregnant would my period have come the next day??

No, it wouldn't.
You were probably lucky enough to be in that part of your menstrual cycle (i.e. just before period) when it is nearly impossible to get pregnant. But not 100% sure. Do a test and be rested, there are highly sensitive tests that can be done by a doctor. The home ones need a certain level of HCG (hormone) in the blood and urine, so the longer one waits the more accurate they are (which means maybe loosing out time)
Reply 25
I am starting the pill whatever because even if i am pregnant there is NO WAY i would have the baby! im just far too young! i know it's unlikely i would be, it's just scary isnt it? such a stupid thing to do, i really am quite annoyed with myself and just wouldnt ever do it again...i just wish there was a way of finding out without taking a test because the thought terrifies me...im getting paranoid now, i keep thinking i feel sick and that it's because im pregnant!!!
Reply 26
It's possible you could be pregnant - as BH said, sperm can live inside you for several days so fertilisation could happen even though your period has started (it takes a few days for the hormones which suppress menstruation to be produced). However, this would require a fairly abnormal cycle, so the odds are against you being pregnant. A test won't be accurate for a few weeks yet though.

As for the future, get on the pill once you know you're not pregnant, and until then use decent condoms. Also, get STI tests done before you have unprotected sex again.

I don't think there's any need for anything further here so I'm closing the thread. PM me if you want it opened or want any more advice.

Latest

Trending

Trending