Telling lies to a call centre Watch

coaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I've just got an interview for the local call centre, and they asked me if I was a student. Apparently, they don't like students coming home from uni and spending 4-6 weeks sat on their backsides training on full pay.

So I said I wasn't a student. I intend to leave before next year. Is this wrong? I've heard rumours that you must sign a contract stating you will repay any training costs should you leave within a specified time limit, but I think this is just a bit of scaremongering. How long do they 'own' you anyway, after the training is completed?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, they can make you sign a contract saying that you will work a minimum amount of time or give a set amunt of notice. Notice period could be a week or it could be two months. If you fail to work a notice period and just leave then they can withhold some pay. If you sign the contract and they find out you're a student then they can fire you for breech of contract.
PoisonJam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Deleted.
supreme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by coaster)
I've just got an interview for the local call centre, and they asked me if I was a student. Apparently, they don't like students coming home from uni and spending 4-6 weeks sat on their backsides training on full pay.

So I said I wasn't a student. I intend to leave before next year. Is this wrong? I've heard rumours that you must sign a contract stating you will repay any training costs should you leave within a specified time limit, but I think this is just a bit of scaremongering. How long do they 'own' you anyway, after the training is completed?
Make sure you read all the terms.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads