ella56
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have to write a poetry comparatry essay on the two poems "dulce et decorum est" and "anthem for doomed youth" but I have to split it 5 sections intro,meaning,structure,style and conclusion. ive finished the into and meaning sections and ive done over 5 pages of work in size 12 font but I do not have a clue what to write for the structure and style. someone please help me???????? and I cant as my teacher for help as it was due in yesterday but he has let me have additional time as I am in the school production. please help so so confused !!!!!!
nguyenj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow. You're doing Wilfred Owen poetry in Year 9? That's kinda insane but cool at the same time. I love Owen's work at Year 12, he's one of my favourite WW1 poets.

Okay, for "Anthem For Doomed Youth," you could talk about how the first stanza refers to the soldiers as opposed to the second which refer to individuals on the homefront. Talk about the way in which he uses metaphors to express his thoughts and feelings. As for "Dulce Et Decorum," talk about the rhyming scheme and the use of punctuation.

There is a LOT to say about two of these poems, it's seriously littered and filled with double and hidden meanings all over. Just take your time when you analyse them.

Sorry that I couldn't help a lot. It's been a while since I studied his poetry, so this is just off the top of my head.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads