How old until you give up

Watch
Gjaykay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Inspired by tonight's threads.

I was wondering, at what age you guys would 'give up' looking for the "one" and settle down to being alone for the remainder of your life.

I'll kick us off, for me, if I'm not married/living together relationship, maybe a kid or 2, by 40 at the latest, I'd give up 'looking for love' and resign my life to being alone.

Thinking about it, it is kinda a weird/sad question and I'm probably the only one whose thought about it ><

What about you guys?
Iamnotatroll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
google is your friend
jamsie555
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hmmm, I would want to be married and have at least one kid, ideally two by 30. Fingers crossed that will happen but we shall wait and see

I'm also pretty damn sure that love will come to you, rather than you go looking for love...
TheCorporation
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
18? I guess, I've found the one, we are planning to get married soon and have a nice white wedding/family.
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its takes an average of 13 suitable people before a person finds 'the one', making the term absolutely ridiculous and the idea of giving up statistically foolish.
username242140
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I dunno for me because I never thought about it until my boyfriend mentioned it, by which point I'd found my one but he said if he wasn't married with children by 32 he would go into "beast mode" and sod settling down and just go to the gym all the time and get tattooed everywhere. xD Thankfully that won't happen now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tom_green_day
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ooh, 16-17 maybe? Possibly 18 if you start young.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've already started to think of names for my cats.
David_Cook
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a bit easier for guys as we don't have a biological clock to worry about. But if you haven't had a meaningful relationship by the time you're 30 for example the evidence would suggest that you better bunker down for a life of singledom. Even if you do find someone by that point it won't be The One, you'll both be settling for 2nd best because the alternative is a life T.V dinners for one.
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I've already started to think of names for my cats.
I prefer lizards over cats..... XD
Just buy like a bosc monitor lizard tame it well and you've got a dog that eats various stuff and has scales o and it scares people just by being there and doing nowt XD
Mr_Vain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol, people are so afraid of being alone it is funny. If you have money and classic good looks you can date 20 somethings even in your 50s. See it all the time in London. Date = **** and then dump them btw.
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends on how long it's left for my idiot to arrive on his mule
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Never.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (239)
61.13%
No (81)
20.72%
Not sure (71)
18.16%

Watched Threads