x= 1/3ln(1/2)
x= 1/3ln(2^-1)
x= -1/3ln(2)
insparato
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
1/3ln1/2 = 1/3 ( ln 1 - ln 2 )------------ (ln 1 = 0)

= 1/3 x -ln2 = -1/3ln2
thats_my_poison
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
what's the point of putting it in the second form? would it not be simpler to just leave it as x= 1/3ln(1/2) and sub that into the original equation
insparato
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
just neater for me. Its just my personal preference you dont have to embrace it.
thats_my_poison
Rep:
?
yay, finally finished the question. thanks so much to you for all of your help. kinda off the topic but how did you all get so good at maths? you'll probably laugh when you read this considering the number of stupid questions i ask, but im actually the best in my maths class and always get close to full marks in the mocks, but you are all way, way better than me. are you all doing maths degrees or fm, or are you just good at maths?
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alison_141288)
yay, finally finished the question. thanks so much to you for all of your help. kinda off the topic but how did you all get so good at maths? you'll probably laugh when you read this considering the number of stupid questions i ask, but im actually the best in my maths class and always get close to full marks in the mocks, but you are all way, way better than me. are you all doing maths degrees or fm, or are you just good at maths?
You really get close to full marks in mocks? Surprising to say the least, but well done!

I've just finished a-level maths and further maths, so extra practice always helps.
insparato
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Believe me theres someone better than all of us. Im not the best in my class as you can see i make mistakes but doesnt help doing maths on a computer.

Ive done C3 in four weeks its alot of functions and drawing not enough differentiation and trig .
thats_my_poison
Rep:
?
(Original post by Widowmaker)
You really get close to full marks in mocks? Surprising to say the least, but well done!

I've just finished a-level maths and further maths, so extra practice always helps.
yeah, not as dumb as i seem. or maybe i just ask loads of dumb questions so i dont ponder over them in the actual exam. not that impressive considering half our class got an A in C1, but i got 99 so i cant be that bad at maths
AlphaNumeric
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
/edit

Next time notice there's 3 pages to the thread
Christophicus
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah, not as dumb as i seem. or maybe i just ask loads of dumb questions so i dont ponder over them in the actual exam. not that impressive considering half our class got an A in C1, but i got 99 so i cant be that bad at maths
C1 really isn't hard though. You just have to be good at not making mistakes to get a good mark. You wait till C3/C4. They seem easy now compared to FP2/FP3 but they're still much harder than C1.
Christophicus
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You're not dumb, but I think you need to spend more time on logs, and perhaps try and read up on the theory before you start an exercise in a particular chapter. I found that amazingly helpful when I was doing C2/C3.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (863)
80.28%
Leave (212)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise