The Student Room Group

Is there any point in applying to an AAA-ABB if I'm predicted ABB?

Question in title.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I heard somewhere that you should do 1 optimistic, 3 realistic and 1 pessimistic
Reply 2
Original post by GoldGhost
I heard somewhere that you should do 1 optimistic, 3 realistic and 1 pessimistic

At the moment I have 1 optimistic, 2 realistic and 2 pessimistic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Would agree with this, except my school said 2 optimistic 2 realistic and 1 pessimistic. Guess the key is just getting a good mix!
Reply 4
Original post by EB1995
Question in title.

Yes, if your PS is very good too, definitely. Don't listen to the trolls ^^ :colonhash:
Reply 5
Original post by EB1995
Question in title.

Good luck with your application
Reply 6
Original post by EB1995
Question in title.

What ru applying for and is your PS any good?
Reply 7
Original post by Flauta
Would agree with this, except my school said 2 optimistic 2 realistic and 1 pessimistic. Guess the key is just getting a good mix!

:colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar: I quoted the wrong numbers hehe :tongue:
Original post by EB1995
Question in title.

Please ignore the troll poster.

You need to keep in mind that it's one thing to receive an offer for an AAA course, and another thing entirely to get the grades. Do you think you'll work hard enough to get your grades up to AAA? Have you got any resits planned? (I only ask as I assume you achieved around ABB/BBB at AS if you're predicted ABB at A2)

If you think you can get the grades up then what I recommend is applying to:
AAA
AAB as your 'aspirational' unis because the grades are higher than your predictions.

And then either two ABBs and a BBB or an ABB, a BBB and a BBC depending on how confident you feel about getting your results and how big a safety net you want to give yourself.
Reply 9
Original post by EB1995
Question in title.

You need any more advice?
Reply 10
:colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar: I quoted the wrong numbers hehe :tongue:

No I've heard yours before too, I don't think any way of doing it is wrong at all, just different depending on how adventurous you might be :tongue:
Original post by Pizzahutman
You should of sent your UCAS off already by now christ. Anyways better late than never , please you gotta work really hard tonight? PM me your skype and ill help you stay up

LOL :s-smilie:

Original post by EB1995

At the moment I have 1 optimistic, 2 realistic and 2 pessimistic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Flauta

Original post by SoftPunch
Yes, if your PS is very good too, definitely. Don't listen to the trolls ^^ :colonhash:

Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Please ignore the troll poster.

You need to keep in mind that it's one thing to receive an offer for an AAA course, and another thing entirely to get the grades. Do you think you'll work hard enough to get your grades up to AAA? Have you got any resits planned? (I only ask as I assume you achieved around ABB/BBB at AS if you're predicted ABB at A2)

If you think you can get the grades up then what I recommend is applying to:
AAA
AAB as your 'aspirational' unis because the grades are higher than your predictions.

And then either two ABBs and a BBB or an ABB, a BBB and a BBC depending on how confident you feel about getting your results and how big a safety net you want to give yourself.

Whats a troll?

Yeah follow her advice i'm still in year 9 so I don't know about this university stuff :tongue:
Original post by Summaiya123
LOL :s-smilie:

Whats funny, it is a matter of urgency.
Original post by Flauta
No I've heard yours before too, I don't think any way of doing it is wrong at all, just different depending on how adventurous you might be :tongue:

Are you at uni? How adventurous were you?
Reply 15
Are you at uni? How adventurous were you?

No. Marginally.
Original post by mortalmaggot
you get sick quite easily then.

Not really, I had 100% attendance last year I'll have you know!
Original post by EB1995
Question in title. Thanks :smile:

As one of the few non-troll posts said, it's common advice to apply to at least one place as an aspiration (eg, 1 hopeful, 3 safe choices, and 1 banker). But you should make sure in advance that any aspirational choices will consider your application seriously. For example, in the case of medicine, you would normally need to achieve AAA or better, and you'll be immediately rejected by all but one med school if your predictions are AAB. Good luck!
You've got to help people. Or God will punish you.

That is not relevant :confused:
Reply 19
Original post by EB1995
Question in title.

yeah, I'm predicted ABB, and I applied to two Universities which want AAB and another which wanted ABB and I gained a condidtional offer from both, however i also chose Uni's which offered BBB and BCC just in case. As long as you have a variety of different entry grades you should be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending