goodvibes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm thinking of applying to KCL, LSE, Exeter, Bath and Birmingham for politics and international relations or just plain international relations. I like Bath's course the most but I'm scared that the nightlife might not be very good and that i might be bored out of my mind. Also while I've heard good things about their sports facilities, I really don't care much for sports myself. I'm also not entirely sure about LSE because while there's the great rep and the fact that it's in london, I've heard not so good things about it (fragmented and elitist). In any case, what do you think about the unis I've picked in terms of it's politics/international relations department and it's nightlife/student life? Cheers, in advance.
goodvibes
Rep:
?
bump?

Posted from TSR Mobile
polscistudent88
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you like Bath the most (I guess for the modules) then go for it, unless you really dislike the place (this is why it is so important to attend open days and spend sometime in the city). LSE is obviously an amazing department in academic terms, do not know how the social life is, though. Then, both KCL and Exeter have very strong politics department...

I really think that academically you will be more than fine wherever you end up to. If you however struggle to take a decision, I suggest you start thinking what you like about international relations (I think IR > Politics for you)... International development issues? Security issues? Historical/theoretical analyses of IR? International economic relations? International political economy? I know this might sound confusing, but the main differences within those department are based on this. So, if you already know, it might help your decision.
Bismarck.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

I surprisingly got into York for Politics and International Relations (Cs at GCSE, A levels over three years) so I would certainly recommend applying there. It floats around 10th position across most league tables, too.
goodvibes
Rep:
?
yes I definitely like the historical bits of politics and international relations. that's mainly why the KCL, LSE and bath courses appealed to me. I'm not too sure about York and I want to apply to Warwick because of its great reputation but I don't like the courses because of how theoretical they both seem :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (83)
18.61%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (125)
28.03%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
37.22%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (58)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.14%

Watched Threads