The Student Room Group

Applying for university! With out maths GCSE???

I want to do business and law and university and I do not have a C in GCSE maths! I have taken maths 4 times and always gotten a E or a D!
Will I be able to get into university with a D in maths ?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Yes! I got an offer for Business Management & Psychology with a D in math although I'm a mature student so they may also be looking at other things. I did call the tutor first who would be giving the course first though and he did say if needed you can take GCSE math alongside if you wanted as they offer keyskills too but it's not necessary if you felt confident. So why not call up and ask?
Reply 3
I'm sure that you can get a C if you have gotten a D it's honestly not that far off. To answer your question... i've been told A GCSE in maths and English is essential for college/uni.
If you can't get a C in GCSE maths you shouldn't really be going to university. Mass education gone mad.
Reply 5
Check the entry requirements of everywhere you're interested in. They usually state a requirement of 5 A*- C GSCEs incl English and Maths/ a C in English and maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zeeshann
I want to do business and law and university and I do not have a C in GCSE maths! I have taken maths 4 times and always gotten a E or a D! Will I be able to get into university with a D in maths ?
Of course you'll be able to go to university with a D in Maths.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending