The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Babyoleg
Hi just wondering when accommodation will be open to apply for 2017/2018?

Hi,

The Accommodation Office will begin to send emails to incoming students from June onwards.
The email will contain details of how to apply via our Accommodation Portal on the Lancaster University website and all the necessary login details. You will be asked to make two preferences of accommodation: each preference should have a different college; however you may choose any room type for these colleges.

Emma | Undergraduate Admissions
Lancaster University
(edited 6 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by JustARandomer123
Hello!

I've firmed my unconditional offer for Natural Sciences and was looking at the accommodation choices. In the email sent to me confirming my unconditional offer, it stated that part of the unconditional offer scheme is to receive 'guaranteed accommodation on campus in your first or second choice of college', but I was reading some threads here and some people didn't get into their top two choices, so I was wondering if people with unconditional offers would get into one of their two choices.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have contacted the Accommodation Office and will be back in touch shortly to answer your question.

Lancaster University
Original post by Lancaster University
Hello,

I have contacted the Accommodation Office and will be back in touch shortly to answer your question.

Lancaster University

Thank you!
Original post by JustARandomer123
Thank you!

No problem!

Having looked into this further for you I can confirm that holders of an unconditional offer will be able to take advantage of certain perks such as a guaranteed place in their first or second choice of college, as stated in the email you will have received from the department. If you have read about students not getting one of their top choices it will be because they haven't been part of the unconditional offer scheme. Even so, we always try and match preferences as closely as possible when allocating accommodation.

Lancaster University
Reply 1184
Hi, I have firmed Biomedical Sciences and am part of the Unconditional Offer Scheme, and am just wondering if you know approximately when in June we will be able to start applying for accommodation? I'm going away at the end of June, so knowing when accommodation portal opens would be really helpful.
Thank you in advance.
Hi,

Just wondering how lenient the university is when it comes to failing to reach required grades for subjects other than the one necessary for the course? For example, I need A/B/B (A in English Lit) to be accepted to your university, but I personally find history very difficult and I'm not sure I'll reach a B.

If I only managed to get A/B/C/C (I already have an A-level that is a C), or A/A/C/C, or worst case scenario, A/B/C/D or less, do you know if I would still be accepted into the university? I personally think I'll come out with either A/A/C/C or A/B/C/D, unless I get really lucky with the history questions. Could you help me with this? It's stressing me out quite a lot as I don't really want to go to my insurance choice.
Hi

I chose Lancaster as my firm choice in the field of Biomedical Science and I received an email on Thursday saying I have been offered a place. I would like to know if I have been given an unconditional offer under the unconditional offer scheme because there is no update on my UCAS track.And why is it not showing on UCAS track?

Thank you.
Hi, I have an offer (AAA) for physics. Would I still meet this offer if I get A*AB in my A-levels.(with the B being in spanish)? Also I'm currently in the progress of applying for accommodation. The website says every college offers superior ensuite but I cannot see it for Bowland College on the Accommodation portal? Is it an option at Bowland? Thanks :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi

I'm just wondering if you could please let me know whether there is an alternative way to view the accommodation 360 as this is not working for me on the portal?

Thanks
Hi

I'm just wondering if you could please let me know whether there is an alternative way to view the accommodation 360 as this is not working for me on the portal?

Thanks

It isn't working for me either, so it must be an issue with the site (some HTML5 issue ?). I'd like an answer to this too please !
Original post by castiyes
It isn't working for me either, so it must be an issue with the site (some HTML5 issue ?). I'd like an answer to this too please !

It worked on my phone earlier! Not my laptop though! Maybe try your phone?
Original post by OPJD
Hi, I have firmed Biomedical Sciences and am part of the Unconditional Offer Scheme, and am just wondering if you know approximately when in June we will be able to start applying for accommodation? I'm going away at the end of June, so knowing when accommodation portal opens would be really helpful.
Thank you in advance.

Hi,

That's great that you've made us your firm choice. We're looking forward to you joining us!

Now that you've made us your firm choice you will show up on the system for the Accommodation Office to contact. They send emails on a weekly basis as more and more students make us their firm and insurance choice. The email contains everything you need to know to be able to log in on the accommodation portal.
I've checked with them this morning and they have already sent out the emails for this week so you may already be able to log in and apply! If this isn't the case and you are yet to hear from them, they said that they are more than happy for you to give them a ring before you go away/by the end of the June so that they can ensure you have the information you need to be able to apply.
You can contact them either by calling: 01524 59491, or emailing: [email protected]

Lancaster University
Hi,

Just wondering how lenient the university is when it comes to failing to reach required grades for subjects other than the one necessary for the course? For example, I need A/B/B (A in English Lit) to be accepted to your university, but I personally find history very difficult and I'm not sure I'll reach a B.

If I only managed to get A/B/C/C (I already have an A-level that is a C), or A/A/C/C, or worst case scenario, A/B/C/D or less, do you know if I would still be accepted into the university? I personally think I'll come out with either A/A/C/C or A/B/C/D, unless I get really lucky with the history questions. Could you help me with this? It's stressing me out quite a lot as I don't really want to go to my insurance choice.

Hello,

If you narrowly miss the conditions of your offer there is still a good chance of being accepted. We don't automatically reject applications if the offer conditions aren't met, therefore please ensure to check UCAS Track even if you don't get the grades you hoped you would achieve. At this point unfortunately we can't make any guarantees on an individual basis, but please be aware that we are always happy to talk to students on results should they wish to give us a call with any concerns/questions. If you are an A-Level student we will advertise
specific contact details for confirmation, adjustment and clearing; these details will be published on the Lancaster University website in early August.
In the meantime our general enquiries line is 01524 592028.

Lancaster University
Original post by Kris_007
Hi

I chose Lancaster as my firm choice in the field of Biomedical Science and I received an email on Thursday saying I have been offered a place. I would like to know if I have been given an unconditional offer under the unconditional offer scheme because there is no update on my UCAS track.And why is it not showing on UCAS track?

Thank you.

Hi Kris,

I think in this instance it would be best if we could discuss your offer with you specifically. We can then confirm whether your offer is conditional or unconditional.
Please either give us a call, or send a quick email, whichever is best for you.

01524 592028
[email protected]

Lancaster University
Original post by emily_grace99
Hi, I have an offer (AAA) for physics. Would I still meet this offer if I get A*AB in my A-levels.(with the B being in spanish)? Also I'm currently in the progress of applying for accommodation. The website says every college offers superior ensuite but I cannot see it for Bowland College on the Accommodation portal? Is it an option at Bowland? Thanks :smile:

Hi Emily,

Congratulations on your offer. Typically if a student falls one grade below the stated offer (or an equivalent combination) there is still a good chance of being accepted. As I've previously advised to a few others on here though, we can't make any guarantees at this point unfortunately. The application would be reviewed on results day and a decision made at that point.

I've spoken to the Accommodation Office and they advised that it is not possible to select a superior en suite room in Bowland College on the portal at this stage. For a more detailed answered, or to discuss other potential centralised accommodation options, you can contact them on 01524 594910.

Lancaster University
Hi

Thanks

It worked on my phone earlier! Not my laptop though! Maybe try your phone?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with this. Thanks for letting us know.
This has been flagged with the Accommodation Team and they are investigating the matter. Any problems should be resolved very soon!

If you find the problem keeps happening please get in touch. You can find the contact details in my previous post.

Lancaster University
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, i'm wondering if there's any halal places to eat close to or in the campus?
Original post by Samuel33
Hi, i'm wondering if there's any halal places to eat close to or in the campus?

Hi Samuel,

There are lots of places to choose from that provide halal meat on campus, and in Lancaster city and the surrounding areas.

On campus the following provide halal food: Sultans of Lancaster, Wok In, Ketchup and Spar sometimes sells raw chicken which is labelled halal.

Off campus: there are several takeaways and restaurants in town (e.g. Starvin Marvin, Bombay Balti, Sultans and Kashish to name but a few).

Raw halal meat can also be purchased from Sainsburys or http://wardfieldfarm.co.uk (which is very close by to the university).

Preston, a ten/fifteen minute train journey away, also has plenty of halal supermarkets and restaurants.

Lancaster University
Welcome to the official Lancaster University Ask our Admissions Team thread.

Please post your questions here if you'd like a response from our Undergraduate or Postgraduate Admissions team. We aim to respond to all messages posted on this thread within one working day.

Hi

I need to get ABB for my course, but if i get AAD or equivalent to ABB and so i do well in my other subjects but dont do well like getting a D in my science will that affect me from getting into my finance course
Welcome to the official Lancaster University Ask our Admissions Team thread.

Please post your questions here if you'd like a response from our Undergraduate or Postgraduate Admissions team. We aim to respond to all messages posted on this thread within one working day.

Hi

i have applied for the finance course and have put it as my firm choice this year. I have been given a reduced off of ABB but if my exams dont go to plan as say if i get ABD/ABC with an A in EPQ could I and would i still get accepted as i am very keen on going to this university.

Also in the accounting and finance course how many people who get offers actually get a place in the end.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending