Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Lancaster University
Hello Holly,

Yes, this would certainly be possible. There are two options available:

If this is something you are sure you wish to change please just email our admissions team and let them know that you would like to change your course, they will guide you through the necessary steps.

Alternatively if you are not yet sure you wish to make this change you could wait until you (potentially) begin your studies at Lancaster and make the change then.

I hope this helps.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]

Would I have to email the admissions team before I get my results or could I do it after?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by HollyJG
Would I have to email the admissions team before I get my results or could I do it after?

Hello Holly,

It depends on your preference, you can make the changes now (prior to your results) or after receiving your results (if you do not make your firm choice conditions). It is a quick and simple process but obviously you must be sure that you want to switch courses before making the change. If you have or are applying for student finance this could have an impact and it would be advisable to keep student finance up to date with any changes you make.

Lancaster University
Are you allowed a kettle in your room? Hehe :smile:
Original post by kingzebra
Are you allowed a kettle in your room? Hehe :smile:

Hello,

You'd best check this with our Accommodation team. You can reach them via their Facebook page or alternatively send them a quick email.

Lancaster University
I am really worried I am not going to get the grades to do the law degree at Lancaster University which is my firm choice. If I do not get in, is it worth ringing up and trying to prove why I would be a good law student etc. and if so who would I call?
Original post by CGWilson
I am really worried I am not going to get the grades to do the law degree at Lancaster University which is my firm choice. If I do not get in, is it worth ringing up and trying to prove why I would be a good law student etc. and if so who would I call?

Hello,

During the August A-Levels confirmation, adjustment and clearing period we will have a dedicated line for students who have already made an application with Lancaster and wish to discuss their application with us. Detail of the contact details (plus further information) will be posted to our website in the week prior to A-Level results.

In the meantime if you have any information you would like us to add to your application we are happy to do so, all you need to do is email our Admissions Office. This is particularly important if you feel that certain events or circumstances have had a negative impact upon your studies.

Lancaster University
Reply 126
Hi, I am an international student and am applying for my visa soon. I have already got my CAS. In application it asks if I have paid the course fees and accommodation fees. I have applied for accommodation but I haven't been allocated a college yet. Also I haven't got any e-mail asking for course fees. Is this normal? Should I just apply and pay these as and when they come or should I wait to get emails regarding the fees.

Thanks.
Hello,

I am interested in studying Psychology, but am keen to complete one year studying abroad. Does Lancaster University offer a 4-year sandwich course for the Psychology BSc Hons degree?
Any additional information will also be much appreciated, thank you!
Original post by PranayR
Hi, I am an international student and am applying for my visa soon. I have already got my CAS. In application it asks if I have paid the course fees and accommodation fees. I have applied for accommodation but I haven't been allocated a college yet. Also I haven't got any e-mail asking for course fees. Is this normal? Should I just apply and pay these as and when they come or should I wait to get emails regarding the fees.

Thanks.

Hello,

I suggest that you get in touch with the undergraduate admissions team, our CAS/VISA experts would be happy to advise you. Please email [email protected] titling your email as CAS/VISA.

Lancaster University
Reply 129
Hello,

During the August A-Levels confirmation, adjustment and clearing period we will have a dedicated line for students who have already made an application with Lancaster and wish to discuss their application with us. Detail of the contact details (plus further information) will be posted to our website in the week prior to A-Level results.

In the meantime if you have any information you would like us to add to your application we are happy to do so, all you need to do is email our Admissions Office. This is particularly important if you feel that certain events or circumstances have had a negative impact upon your studies.

Lancaster University

Hello,

Is there any chance you could post the number for those who held Lancaster as their firm choice but didn't meet the offer? (Or send a link to the appropriate page, because I'm struggling to find it).
Original post by Lipvig
Hello,

Is there any chance you could post the number for those who held Lancaster as their firm choice but didn't meet the offer? (Or send a link to the appropriate page, because I'm struggling to find it).

Of course.

For details of how to contact us regarding confirmation, adjustment and clearing please see the following link: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/clearing/.

Alice
Lancaster University
Reply 131
Of course.

For details of how to contact us regarding confirmation, adjustment and clearing please see the following link: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/clearing/.

Alice
Lancaster University

Thank you!

I have been unconditionally accepted, but have asked for a non-emergency remark in my RS paper (I received a B when I wanted an A). Do I need to tell the university about this or does it not matter now?
Original post by Lipvig
Thank you!

I have been unconditionally accepted, but have asked for a non-emergency remark in my RS paper (I received a B when I wanted an A). Do I need to tell the university about this or does it not matter now?

Congratulations!

This is not necessary for gaining entry to the course as you are already unconditionally accepted but is certainly worth doing. This could impact upon any scholarships and bursaries you are eligible for.

Lancaster University
Reply 133
Hello! I've just received my welcome pack for the university, and it said to make sure to pay the college membership before you get there, so I went to the site it said, and found the link, but to pay it says I need my name and student number - is the Student number the same one as our UCAS code ones, or is it something we need to wait for the University to give us?
Thank you!
Maddie
Hello,
Is it okay to arrive on 28th even though my college's move in day is the 27th?
My accommodation offer just came and since I did not get my first two choices my move in day is now a day prior to what I expected. I'm an International student and I've booked flight tickets to arrive on the 28th morning but my college (Bowland) begins on the 27th. Its too difficult to reschedule my flights as the prices have rocketed up. So is arriving a day late okay?
Thank you.
Reply 135
what is the ResNet Data Quota?
If i do an engineering degree can i also do a minor subject?
Reply 137
Original post by Sivlovescupcake
Hello,
My accommodation offer just came and since I did not get my first two choices my move in day is now a day prior to what I expected. I'm an International student and I've booked flight tickets to arrive on the 28th morning but my college (Bowland) begins on the 27th. Its too difficult to reschedule my flights as the prices have rocketed up. So is arriving a day late okay?
Thank you.

Hey, it's possible you just have to let them know:

"If you are living in University-managed accommodation and can’t get here on the specified arrival day for your college, you should notify the Residence Officer and advise them of your expected arrival date. Please note that early arrivals in University-managed accommodation are not possible"

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/welcome/arrival/
Original post by lilyclaire
Hello,

I am interested in studying Psychology, but am keen to complete one year studying abroad. Does Lancaster University offer a 4-year sandwich course for the Psychology BSc Hons degree?
Any additional information will also be much appreciated, thank you!

Hello lilyclaire,

We do not currently have a named study abroad Psychology BSc degree, but it is still possible to study abroad during your time at Lancaster. For details on all the study abroad opportunities please see here.

Best wishes,

Lancaster University
Original post by Sivlovescupcake
Hello,
Thank you.

Original post by V94
Hey, it's possible you just have to let them know:

"If you are living in University-managed accommodation and can’t get here on the specified arrival day for your college, you should notify the Residence Officer and advise them of your expected arrival date. Please note that early arrivals in University-managed accommodation are not possible"

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/welcome/arrival/

Absolutely correct! This will be no problem, all you need to do is let our Colleges and Accommodation team know, they would be happy to help you. You can contact them directly via telephone (01524 592525 - The Base) or via email.

Best wishes,

Lancaster University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending