?
Report 6 months ago
thanks will take a look at the fastest offers thread
Susana Urquizo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello, i am from Bolivia an spanish speaking country. I want to know if i have to submit the certificated translation of my degree transcript or if i can translated it by myself ?
Last edited by Susana Urquizo; 6 months ago
djp0306
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi I just got an offer from Lancaster for Medicine. However, I would really like to drop EPQ as it is really stressing me out. Is it too late to back out and drop my EPQ subject? If it is possible, how might I go about doing this?
๐“–๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐”‚
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Lancaster Student Ambassador Hi Sukhy, I think the one for Djp0306 above you might be able to help with. I would imagine if they asked if asked for EPQ grade as part of the offer then its worth to keep on with it ?
djp0306
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
it's either AAA without EPQ or AAB with EPQ. I don't mind dropping EPQ with the bargain of having to achieve an AAA offer.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by djp0306)
it's either AAA without EPQ or AAB with EPQ. I don't mind dropping EPQ with the bargain of having to achieve an AAA offer.
Its up to you but Its a gamble. Unless your really sure you are hitting your AAA or higher with your school/college, then i'd be reluctant to drop it if that was me. Whats your predicted?/ how was your mocks?
The fact they have offered two types of entrace grades with or without the EPQ suggests they are pretty ok should you not get the EPQ.
Perhaps having a word with your EPQ tutor and see what they say? Your might feel your not progessing when in fact your close to the end. I know when my eldest did hers in year 12 it was a stress as well as alevels and totally get how you want to drop it as she felt the same way. It was the collating and referencing which was a pain, but once that was over, she spent 2 days putting into a final piece and after that she said she was done, no more messing about with it.
Last edited by ๐“–๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐”‚; 2 months ago
djp0306
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ๐“–๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐”‚)
Its up to you but Its a gamble. Unless your really sure you are hitting your AAA or higher with your school/college, then i'd be reluctant to drop it if that was me. Whats your predicted?/ how was your mocks?
The fact they have offered two types of entrace grades with or without the EPQ suggests they are pretty ok should you not get the EPQ.
Perhaps having a word with your EPQ tutor and see what they say? Your might feel your not progessing when in fact your close to the end. I know when my eldest did hers in year 12 it was a stress as well as alevels and totally get how you want to drop it as she felt the same way. It was the collating and referencing which was a pain, but once that was over, she spent 2 days putting into a final piece and after that she said she was done, no more messing about with it.
my predicted is A* A A. I think I am pretty confident that I can do well in my exams. Regarding my EPQ, I know that I won't get a good grade in my EPQ. My EPQ supervisor says I'm on track for C/D if at this rate. To receive the conditional (AAB) at Lancaster, I need at least a B in my EPQ.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by djp0306)
my predicted is A* A A. I think I am pretty confident that I can do well in my exams. Regarding my EPQ, I know that I won't get a good grade in my EPQ. My EPQ supervisor says I'm on track for C/D if at this rate. To receive the conditional (AAB) at Lancaster, I need at least a B in my EPQ.
Pretty good predicted its up to you at the end of the day. You can finish it for a C/D but like you say it wont make a difference as a B is needed. Would be intersting if Sukhy did an epq or knows of students who did. He does Medicine at L:ancaster uni and is one of the ambassdors here.
Last edited by ๐“–๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐”‚; 2 months ago
djp0306
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Pretty good predicted its up to you at the end of the day. You can finish it for a C/D but like you say it wont make a difference as a B is needed. Would be intersting if Sukhy did an epq or knows of students who did. He does Medicine at L:ancaster uni and is one of the ambassdors here.
Hopefully, he replies to my query! Thank you!
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Hi. I applied in January and had an interview mid February but Iโ€™ve yet to hear back. Does Lancaster take up to the 20 May deadline to make decisions or should I contact the person who interviewed me?
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I have received an offer for computer science at ABB, but I am worried that I wonโ€™t get these grades because of the whole teacher assessed grades thing, do you know of Lancaster is going to be able to be lenient in accepting people this year because of this? Thanks
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. I applied in January and had an interview mid February but Iโ€™ve yet to hear back. Does Lancaster take up to the 20 May deadline to make decisions or should I contact the person who interviewed me?
Worth contacting the department to see what the progress is
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I have received an offer for computer science at ABB, but I am worried that I wonโ€™t get these grades because of the whole teacher assessed grades thing, do you know of Lancaster is going to be able to be lenient in accepting people this year because of this? Thanks
I know last year for a physics (my eldest studies), anyone who dropped 1 grade got in (in her freshers group chat) and that was teacher assessed, so its possible they will do that this year. Whats your predicted/how was mocks?
Last edited by ๐“–๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐”‚; 1 month ago
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
I know last year for a physics (my eldest studies), anyone who dropped 1 grade got in (in her freshers group chat) and that was teacher assessed, so its possible they will do that this year. Whats your predicted/how was mocks?
Hi, thank you for responding, my predicted grades are ABB but the course wanted AAB but I still got an offer, and since it is already a reduced offer I didnโ€™t think they would drop down another grade, the one I am worried about is physics as I got a D in the mock and donโ€™t think my teacher will give me more than a C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, thank you for responding, my predicted grades are ABB but the course wanted AAB but I still got an offer, and since it is already a reduced offer I didnโ€™t think they would drop down another grade, the one I am worried about is physics as I got a D in the mock and donโ€™t think my teacher will give me more than a C
Theres always a chance so you never know. And also make sure you got some back up clearing options too so if you have a look at those unis so you have informed choices on results day. Leicester had good clearing places and their entry grades on the day were pretty generous (on results day I had a nosy at the other unis she had applied to to see if they were offering clearing places and what for, and Leicester was one of them). They have ABB as standard for comp sci and physics, and physics clearing day they were letting people in with C's. Leicester is a pretty decent uni and Oadby student village in Leicester is a lovely area. So yeah, look around at other uni sites and definitely have a plan should things dont go the way you want it.
Try not to panic too much, daughters mocks were not great either. She didnt know a pandemic was coming and didnt bother revising much. Your tests will be taken into consideration as well. So theres always a chance you will get in
Last edited by ๐“–๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐”‚; 1 month ago
phalosanthea
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, Iโ€™ve been offered a place for ecology and conservation biology with placement year. Given the difference in entry requirements, how likely would i be able to transfer to the msc course? Would i need to do that before term starts?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (107)
40.53%
I'm worried that Iโ€™m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
7.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as โ€˜lesserโ€™ because I didnโ€™t take exams (59)
22.35%
I donโ€™t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (31)
11.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
7.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed