The Student Room Group

Accidentally took lemsip with other paracetemol tablet

I had a cold and a headache so I took a satchet of lemsip in the morning, not realising that it contains 1000mg of paracetemol. Around 2-3 hours later I took one 500mg paracetemol tablet. It was only after I took this tablet that I realised that the lemsip also contained paracetemol in it. I therefore took 1500mg of paracetemol in the space of 2-3 hours.

Is this dangerous or will I be fine?
Reply 1
As a one off it is unlikely to have caused any harm, however if you're worried give NHS direct a call.
You'll be absolutely fine, just remember not to do again.
It always says contact a doctor immediately if you take too much medicine.
Reply 4
Unless you weigh very little, chances are you'll be fine http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/paracetamol-poisoning
Original post by Anonymous
I had a cold and a headache so I took a satchet of lemsip in the morning, not realising that it contains 1000mg of paracetemol. Around 2-3 hours later I took one 500mg paracetemol tablet. It was only after I took this tablet that I realised that the lemsip also contained paracetemol in it. I therefore took 1500mg of paracetemol in the space of 2-3 hours.

Is this dangerous or will I be fine?

you will be fine, don't worry about it.
don't waste your time calling NHS direct.

Don't have anymore paracetamol today, and then you are fine to use it as you should tomorrow without worrying.

Quick Reply

Latest