Drive

Watch this thread
Emily182
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
What does everyone think of the film Drive?

My boyfriend introduced me to it and I think it's a superb film. Definitely the best Ryan Gosling has starred in. Cleverly written, great casting, and brilliant soundtrack. I would definitely recommend.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
It was one of the most boring and dull films I have ever seen :eek:

I know every film will have its fans and its haters but this movie was one of those which I just could not fathom for the life me, how critics deemed this to be as good as they say it was.
Emily182
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin25)
It was one of the most boring and dull films I have ever seen :eek:

I know every film will have its fans and its haters but this movie was one of those which I just could not fathom for the life me, how critics deemed this to be as good as they say it was.
I thought the complete opposite! Weird how the same film can mean different stuff to different people.
Prandtl
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
A very good film for me. The crisp, electric look it's got and that soundtrack :coma: Gosling's stone face that he's got for most of it works too.

Spoiler:
Show
It's quite sad in that we're witnessing the happiest moments of Driver's life. How we almost see him escape his criminal, ultraviolent world only to be denied it :sad:
Jordooooom
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Very overrated. Not bad though.
AKWxxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Emily182)

My boyfriend introduced me to it and I think it's a superb film. Definitely the best Ryan Gosling has starred in. Cleverly written, great casting, and brilliant soundtrack. I would definitely recommend.
I absolutely loved it

Posted from TSR Mobile
username919394
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I really enjoyed it. Ryan Gosling was great in it and the soundtrack is pretty awesome!
Mackay
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Really good. The opening sequence is mesmerizing. Great soundtrack.

Infinitely better than Only God Forgives.
Autistic Merit
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Didn't enjoy it.
MJ1012
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Why has there been 9 comments and no one has mentioned Bryan Cranston?
rickfloss
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
pretty good

You should watch "the place beyond the pines" and "only god forgives"
Plainview
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
A great modern film. Makes the most of the very limited scope of Gosling, which is a feat in itself.
The_Dragonborn
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Great acting, soundtrack, plot, characters, just great everything. The ending is brilliantly pulled off - carrying a very unexpected emotional weight to it. I rate it as one of my top 10 films of all time, the only film from the 21st century to be in my top 10 list.
Mr_Sinister
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Great film Tbh....keeps you captivated and well presented.
Qymberley
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Emily182)

It is a beautiful film indeed. I usually find 'arty' films like that boring because they focus too much on trying to bring out a deep meaning through silence etc etc boring, i've been impressed recently in the amount of quality coming out with balance in action, aesthetics and story line. Watch The Place Beyond the Pines, imo it's better.
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I think some of you know how I feel about it so it's not really worth repearting.

It had a great opening sequence then the rest was numb-skullingly dull, I liked the soundtrack, that's about it.
AnonymousCal
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I love most of Ryan's Gosling work and this is arguably the best of his collection that I've had the pleasure of watching. A truly magnificent piece of filmmaking absolutely tailormade for the cinema. The story itself was great but my God, the mise en scene is stunning. And it helps that Bryan Cranston made a cameo.

As far as Gosling films go I'd have this just above Blue Valentine with The Place Beyond the Pines slightly further back.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
There's something about the film that has a great feel to it; can't quite put my finger on it
just a dad
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Style - 4 stars
Substance - 2 stars

But, overall, style does win in this case.
SmashingChap
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Love it, one of the most stylish films ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads