Is it worth applying for English at Universities demanding AAB/ABB?

Watch
BobbySingh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I'm hoping if you can help.
I have been studying A levels for my 3rd year now, my current grades are the following:

English AS + A2: - C / Predicted an A

English A2 Coursework A
English A2 Exam E (Retaking)

English AS Coursework B (Retaking)
English AS Exam C

History AS: - B / Predicted an A
History Exam Russia - A
History Exam Warfare - E (Retaking)

Art AS + A2: - C / Predicted a B
ART A2 Coursework C (Retaking)
ART A2 Exam B

ART AS Coursework D (Retaking)
ART AS Exam C

I intend on studying English BA hons (Q300) at select universities, however my question is, is it worth applying to Universities who're asking

AAB/ABB?

Or should I avoid applying for those Universities. I am confident that I am capable of achieving the required grades. (Due to family problems and challenges of life I hadn't achieved well first time around, also it is crucial to note that my personal statement is very strong! -without meaning to sound bigheaded-

I'd appreciate your opinion

Kind Regards

Bobby
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi Bobby

Unfortunately we don't offer a degree in English at the University of Bradford. We would advise however that you use your UCAS choices wisely. As you know you have 5 choices and if you are offered a place you can then chose a firm choice and an insurance choice. This is a good opportunity to have your first choice as one of the AAB/ABB and your insurance with a lower requirement. If you chose 2 universities that you are happy with, this will ensure you get the best outcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads