Shizzam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok, before you dissuade me about doing CW and all--for the love of God, please don't. I know the risk CW entails, and how kiddy they may seem to look at on CVs. I assure you, I do 5 A-levels that includes2 sciences, 2 languages and History.

Now, that's done, on to the topic:

Currently, I am planning to apply to these unis:

1. Warwick
  2. Lancaster
  3. UEA
  4. Kent
  5. Nottingham

This is not a done deal. As you may have noticed, only Kent is AAB, which is ok, considering that I ideally need to get 2As this year, as I've already finished French last year with an A.^

But whatever what bothers me more is the admission rate statistics that accompany these unis. I know the stats for warwick and Birmingham

1. Warwick: 2.5%
2. Brimingham: 17%
3. UEA: 45% (Unistats--I'm almost sure this is wrong).
But what about for the others? I can't find any stats on them here or anywhere.Nottingham has 32 places, but I don't really know how many people apply overall.
dlaiden
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Google 'whichuni.' They have the stats for most uni courses. But Warwick and UEA will probably both be the hardest to get into, Warwick because it's renowned for its undergrad CW course and UEA because of its masters course which attracts students to the undergrad course. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shizzam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by dlaiden)
Google 'whichuni.' They have the stats for most uni courses. But Warwick and UEA will probably both be the hardest to get into, Warwick because it's renowned for its undergrad CW course and UEA because of its masters course which attracts students to the undergrad course. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! This could prove to be potentially useful. At the moment, I'm skeptical of their percentages, because UEA is a lot higher than what I had expected, being at 45%, and their stats for Warwick is clearly wrong, because they put it at 30%, while at the official Warwick website it was at 0.025% (25/1000). GOing to add 45% beside UEA nevertheless.
madamemerle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Shizzam)
Thanks! This could prove to be potentially useful. At the moment, I'm skeptical of their percentages, because UEA is a lot higher than what I had expected, being at 45%, and their stats for Warwick is clearly wrong, because they put it at 30%, while at the official Warwick website it was at 0.025% (25/1000). GOing to add 45% beside UEA nevertheless.
It's very hard to find admission stats. I think those numbers for Warwick are places/applications which is not the same as the number of people who get an offer at all (the practice of having a firm and an insurance means that a HUGE number of offers are never accepted, and then add all the offers that don't even make it to being an insurance offer - so, what I'm saying is: most uni's give WAY more offers than they have places). The UEA number could be right, and, if it is, then the rest are probably very similar.

Would you consider swapping Kent with Goldsmiths? Goldsmiths is ABB, which is a safer bet, should anything go wrong during your exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.38%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (97)
27.64%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (134)
38.18%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.13%

Watched Threads