Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello

I'm Laurel, one of the Applicant Services Officers at Royal Holloway. I am the first point of contact for prospective students enquiring about the University. I work on open days, answers phones, emails and make decisions on applications - so you may have already met or spoken to me!

I'm now looking after the TSR account and will be available to answer any questions you might have about Royal Holloway, applications and student life!

I look forward to hearing from you

Laurel

ReputationRep:
    Hi Laurel,
    I sent my application on the 20th of November for Management with Entrepreneurship and haven't received an offer yet. Should I be worried? Also the entry requirements are slightly higher then my predicted grades. How long does it normally take for a response?
    Thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by anita105102)
    Hi Laurel,
    I sent my application on the 20th of November for Management with Entrepreneurship and haven't received an offer yet. Should I be worried? Also the entry requirements are slightly higher then my predicted grades. How long does it normally take for a response?
    Thanks.
    Hi
    I have just been to chat with the management admissions team and they have told me that you don't need to worry. Management courses are very popular so it can take some time for the admissions officers to get through all the applications. They have lots of personal statements and references to read!
    If you want to PM me your ucas number I can actually look up your application and check that everything is ok (which I'm sure it is!)
    Laurel
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    ALSO just wanted to say - if you have any questions about clubs and societies at RH you can also ask me! I coach the one of the women's lacrosse teams so I know a lot about the sport clubs here at RH and through chatting to my team know quite a lot about the societies too!
    Laurel

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know if this question is suited for the forum, but I sent off my application last week, and accidentally applied for a foundation year. I do, however, not have any sort of interest in this . I contacted UCAS and they told me to write an email to you, simply stating that my selected starting point would be Year 1. Since then I haven't heard anything from RHUL. I sent the email to [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    When do we need to apply for accommodation? Is there a specific date on which applications open, or is it anytime since recieving an offer?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really starting to panic about the course now as my college hasn't sent my UCAS application off yet. I know we're some way off the deadline date but I'm concerned the course will fill up before my application is sent.
    I'm applying for Sociology and Criminology and I hear it has extremely limited places

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I applied four weeks ago (tomorrow) and haven't heard anything yet. My two friends got offers within two weeks. On the website it states that offers are generally made within 4-6 weeks but I assume the application process closes down for Christmas. Will they try and process outstanding applications before the holiday break? I don't think I can stand waiting until mid-January! RH is my first choice and I am so desperate to hear from you.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Mircea Lucescu)
    Don't really know if this question is suited for the forum, but I sent off my application last week, and accidentally applied for a foundation year. I do, however, not have any sort of interest in this . I contacted UCAS and they told me to write an email to you, simply stating that my selected starting point would be Year 1. Since then I haven't heard anything from RHUL. I sent the email to [email protected]
    (Original post by phoebelouise96)
    When do we need to apply for accommodation? Is there a specific date on which applications open, or is it anytime since recieving an offer?
    (Original post by MartinCB)
    Hi, I'm really starting to panic about the course now as my college hasn't sent my UCAS application off yet. I know we're some way off the deadline date but I'm concerned the course will fill up before my application is sent.
    I'm applying for Sociology and Criminology and I hear it has extremely limited places
    (Original post by KAThomas123)
    Hi. I applied four weeks ago (tomorrow) and haven't heard anything yet. My two friends got offers within two weeks. On the website it states that offers are generally made within 4-6 weeks but I assume the application process closes down for Christmas. Will they try and process outstanding applications before the holiday break? I don't think I can stand waiting until mid-January! RH is my first choice and I am so desperate to hear from you.
    Hi all,
    Apologies that I am only replying to these now! I was ill from Thursday onwards
    I will reply individually to you below.
    Laurel
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Mircea Lucescu)
    Hi,
    You have done the right thing You need to send an email to admissions if you want to make any changes to your application. At the moment, we are getting over 100 emails a day! Having said that, we are pretty up to date with the emails. If you want to PM me you email address/ucas number I can check our inbox to make sure we have received it and are aware of the changes you would like to make.
    Laurel
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by phoebelouise96)
    Hello
    If you have an offer from us, you will be sent an email in May about applying for accommodation...so you don't need to worry about Halls until then
    Laurel
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by MartinCB)
    Hi there,
    No need to panic as long as you get your application to us by Jan 15th you will definitely be considered for the course. Everyone who applies before the 15th gets equal consideration. This is UCAS 'law'! Your application will be looked at exactly the same as someone who had applied in October.
    Laurel
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by KAThomas123)
    Hi
    It's great to hear that you want to firm us!! We look at applications thoroughly, it can take some time to process the application, personal statement and references - especially if it is a popular course and we have lots to get through! If you PM me your UCAS number I can check the status of you application. Would that help at all?
    Laurel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
    Hi there,
    No need to panic as long as you get your application to us by Jan 15th you will definitely be considered for the course. Everyone who applies before the 15th gets equal consideration. This is UCAS 'law'! Your application will be looked at exactly the same as someone who had applied in October.
    Laurel
    Ah thankyou!
    Very reassuring

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    If you have an offer from us, you will be sent an email in May about applying for accommodation...so you don't need to worry about Halls until then
    Laurel
    Ok, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had earlier applied for Business Management with HR for 2014, and received an offer of ABB. I want to know if I can change my course from Management with HR to Management with International Business or Management with Marketing?

Thanks,
    Asad

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Mandvee)
    Hi,

I had earlier applied for Business Management with HR for 2014, and received an offer of ABB. I want to know if I can change my course from Management with HR to Management with International Business or Management with Marketing?

Thanks,
    Asad

Hi Asad,

Yes, it is completely fine to change your course all you need to do is send us an email. In the email put your student number or UCAS number and put which course you have been given an offer for and let us know the course you would like to do instead.
    The email address you need to email us on is:
    [email protected]
    Laurel
    ps please keep in mind the admissions office is closed over Christmas so we might no be able to get back to you until January.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had earlier applied for Management with Accounting for 2014, and received an offer of ABB. I want to know if I could change the start date from 2014 to 2015.
    Thanks,
    Huzaifah

ReputationRep:
    Hi Asad,

Yes, it is completely fine to change your course all you need to do is send us an email. In the email put your student number or UCAS number and put which course you have been given an offer for and let us know the course you would like to do instead.
    The email address you need to email us on is:
    [email protected]
    Laurel
    ps please keep in mind the admissions office is closed over Christmas so we might no be able to get back to you until January.
    Thank you Laurel,
    I wanted to know if you can change your course in the first month of university, which would be September as I don't want to rush into things.

And what is the the ranking of Royal Holloway for Business, as I can't find any proper rankings?

Thank you for all your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi could you have a look at your pm, it's about an offer I got from rh yesterday night . Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 1, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.