Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Luke O'Gorman)
    Hi Laurel,

I sent in my application for MSc Petroleum Geoscience on the 6th December and I haven't had a reply yet. I was just wondering if everything was okay and you received all of my references etc.

Thanks very much

Luke

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Luke,

Could you PM me your student number/id number? I can look up your application and find out its status when you send it to me

Laurel
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by its1brahim)
    Hi Laurel, I sent my ucas application off about a month ago to Royal Holloway for Economics, just wanted to know if it's normal to wait this long? Sorry for asking I'm sure a lot of people have asked you that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,
    No worries for asking! It's always better to check
    Do you want to PM me your student number so I can look up your student number and see how its doing?
    Please also remember the department went on holiday for Christmas + New Years so it hasn't been a full working month!
    Laurel

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have received a offer letter from RHUL for MSc in Data Science and Analytics,i have a few queries related to my offer and i had sent a mail to the admissions team asking about the same.

I have not yet received any reply from the admissions team.Should i wait or Resend it again?i wanted to know the last date for accepting my offer so i am bit worried that i have not yet received any reply and i am yet to accept the offer.Please help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ankit1991)
    Hi,

I have received a offer letter from RHUL for MSc in Data Science and Analytics,i have a few queries related to my offer and i had sent a mail to the admissions team asking about the same.

I have not yet received any reply from the admissions team.Should i wait or Resend it again?i wanted to know the last date for accepting my offer so i am bit worried that i have not yet received any reply and i am yet to accept the offer.Please help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Morning
    Can you PM me your email address? Once I have that I can search our inbox to see if we received your email.
    Just to let you know, if you are a Home/EU Student you can accept your offer up until the 22nd of Sept..so you have lots of time! if you are an overseas student you have to meet the conditions of your offer to accept and leave enough time for us to generate a CAS number.
    Does that help?
    Laurel

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just wondered how easy it is to get a part time job either on campus or just slightly outside it? I'm not being financially supported by my parents either so I've got to work it all out on my own

And in general, do people arrive already having some sort of personal savings?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by moobag)
    Hi,

Just wondered how easy it is to get a part time job either on campus or just slightly outside it? I'm not being financially supported by my parents either so I've got to work it all out on my own

And in general, do people arrive already having some sort of personal savings?
    Hiya,

I think the best way of getting a job on campus or even off campus is to be aware of whats on offer. Lots of people need jobs while they are at Uni so you never know how quickly they will all go! And previous job experience always helps.

I have pasted 2 links below. I hope they help The first is about jobs on campus and the second is a general page that has useful links.

http://www.rhul.ac.uk/careers/findjo...soncampus.aspx

http://www.rhul.ac.uk/ecampus/financ...ntstotake.aspx

Also you might want to think about jobs in the surrounding areas.

Not sure about students and their personal savings. Does anyone out there want to answer that one?

Hope that helps
    Laurel

ReputationRep:
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I write this letter in order to ask you advice whether I will be given offer or rejected and RHUL admission office might be the best place to consult in my opinion. I am deeply worried and concerned as i am not exceptional clever and talented and my Chinese classmates have offers from numerous offers from universities in England, presumably they have 65 from Year Tow while I only have 56, however I am confidant that I will have low 2:1 in (BA) International Business from Nottingham Trent eventually.

I made an application to MA Public History on October last year and I was interviewed on December. I sent out the sample writing before Christmas. I still have no reply about rejection or be offered with conditional offer. Do you think there is no hope for me to be provided with conditional offer from the history department as I have spent too long awaiting.

As I am not smart and talented so I have found it is extremely hard to ask tutors to write references for me.

( I am just agitated to see others who have offers while I have none.)

My RHUL student number is " 100785627

Yours Sincerely,

Ling Xu
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ling Xu)
    Dear Sir/Madam, I write this letter in order to ask you advice whether I will be given offer or rejected and RHUL admission office might be the best place to consult in my opinion. I am deeply worried and concerned as i am not exceptional clever and talented and my Chinese classmates have offers from numerous offers from universities in England, presumably they have 65 from Year Tow while I only have 56, however I am confidant that I will have low 2:1 in (BA) International Business from Nottingham Trent eventually.
    I made an application to MA Public History on October last year and I was interviewed on December. I sent out the sample writing before Christmas. I still have no reply about rejection or be offered with conditional offer. Do you think there is no hope for me to be provided with conditional offer from the history department as I have spent too long awaiting.
    Ling Xu
    Hello Ling,

Thank you for writing to me I hope I will be able to give you some advice.

I have been to speaking to my colleague who processes the MA Public History applications and she has said that they are still waiting to hear back from the department. The department make the final decision about whether to accept of reject applicants.

She has suggested that you contact the Postgraduate Administrator on 01784 443311.

Please let me know if you have any further questions
    Laurel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
    Hello Ling,

Thank you for writing to me I hope I will be able to give you some advice.

I have been to speaking to my colleague who processes the MA Public History applications and she has said that they are still waiting to hear back from the department. The department make the final decision about whether to accept of reject applicants.

She has suggested that you contact the Postgraduate Administrator on 01784 443311.

Please let me know if you have any further questions
    Laurel
    Do you think it is rude to phone the department directly?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Do you think it is rude to phone the department directly?
    No, not at all! The admin staff help with prospective and current student queries.
    Laurel

ReputationRep:
    Whooo go RoHo! best uni you'll go to, fact!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    If I'm a Single Honours English lit. student, can I take a module from another department? (for example, Shakespeare from page to stage, Drama Dep.)

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm Laurel, one of the Applicant Services Officers at Royal Holloway. I am the first point of contact for prospective students enquiring about the University. I work on open days, answers phones, emails and make decisions on applications - so you may have already met or spoken to me!

I'm now looking after the TSR account and will be available to answer any questions you might have about Royal Holloway, applications and student life!

I look forward to hearing from you

Laurel
    Can we ask you questios which may not be directly linked to the Royal Holloway?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Mohid Khan)
    Can we ask you questios which may not be directly linked to the Royal Holloway?
    I'll do my best to answer any queries regarding higher education
    Laurel

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've recently e-mailed [email protected] in order to change courses from English to English and History. I have not heard anything from them, should I be worried?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    No, not at all! The admin staff help with prospective and current student queries.
    Laurel
    Does the conditional offer be considered upon my IELTS? Or just the quality of sample writing. I forgot to ask the history department when I phoned them 2 hours ago. My writing has not met the requirement and I have to take it again in April. I hope it is not too late.:confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'll do my best to answer any queries regarding higher education
    Laurel
    Hi!
    If I'm a Single Honours English lit. student, can I take a module from another department? (for example, Shakespeare from page to stage, Drama Dep.)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Does the conditional offer be considered upon my IELTS? Or just the quality of sample writing. I forgot to ask the history department when I phoned them 2 hours ago. My writing has not met the requirement and I have to take it again in April. I hope it is not too late.:confused::confused::confused:
    Hi,

Your application will be looked at as a whole. The department will read your references and sample writing and make a decision on those and your interview. IF they do make you a conditional offer, which I can't guarantee (!), the conditions will be on IELTS and receiving a 2:1 in your degree. You can keep taking the IELTS all the way up to summer so no need to panic yet!

Laurel

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Your application will be looked at as a whole. The department will read your references and sample writing and make a decision on those and your interview. IF they do make you a conditional offer, which I can't guarantee (!), the conditions will be on IELTS and receiving a 2:1 in your degree. You can keep taking the IELTS all the way up to summer so no need to panic yet!

Laurel
    If I can have the marks which they ask for in IELTS for the exam on 5th April, does it mean I will have conditional offer in April or May???

I also apply for Management School. I have followed their advice to change courses. I did it last month. But it still has no news yet. The status still has not been changed yet. I followed their advice to change Msc International Management to MsC Business Information System.
    My RUHL is 100785627. Probably they will contact me very soon???

If I cannot go to the history postgraduate courses, I still am very keen on having Master at Royal Holloway but with a business course.

My bachelor degree is educated in Nottingham Trent, and I am told by Chinese agents that I don not have to take IELTS. Is that true? Anyway, I am still preparing IELTS.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Best Wishes,
    Ling Xu
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Stasy)
    Hi!
    Hi
    That is a good question! I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one as I am not involved in how the timetables or credits are worked out. The best thing you can do it to email the English Department and see if that would be a possibility: english-department @rhul.ac.uk|
    Laurel

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 8, 2018
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.