Royal Holloway, University of London Official Rep. How can I help you?

Watch
OllyLatham
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hi I've got an interview for Ancient and Medieval History at the uni on January 15th and was wondering what the dress code was and if there inst a particular one, what everyone else was planning to wear.

Thanks for the help.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by OllyLatham)
Hi I've got an interview for Ancient and Medieval History at the uni on January 15th and was wondering what the dress code was and if there inst a particular one, what everyone else was planning to wear.

Thanks for the help.
Hi,
The department haven't specified a dress code for the interview but I would go in smart casual clothes.
I don't have an active role in the interviews so I can't advise on what others will be wearing...but I assume they would also be in smart casual.
hope that helps - and good luck for the interview!
Laurel
pollock
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I was at Royal Holloway three years ago, and I bought a cheese danish from the Hub cafe but it smelled funny. Who do I talk to about getting a refund?
Rep:
(Original post by pollock)
I was at Royal Holloway three years ago, and I bought a cheese danish from the Hub cafe but it smelled funny. Who do I talk to about getting a refund?
I think the real issue is - did you eat it?!...
I will pass on your concerns to the catering staff.
Laurel
Chloewright96
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi , I've applied for English with creative writing and I was just wondering if you knew when the department would have made their decisions and be in touch? It's my first choice and it's killing me waiting!
Thanks,
Chloe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
(Original post by Chloewright96)
Hi , I've applied for English with creative writing and I was just wondering if you knew when the department would have made their decisions and be in touch? It's my first choice and it's killing me waiting!
Thanks,
Chloe
Hi Chloe,

Which creative writing portfolio submission date did you have? If it was December, I spoke to the tutor who said he was aiming to start making decisions in mid-to-late Jan.
Great to hear we are your first choice! But try to relax there is nothing you or even me can do to speed up the tutor (he has loads of portfolios to read!!)

Laurel
Schadenfreude65
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi Laurel,

Can you tell me if it's possible for mature students to get parking permits at RHUL? Public transport doesn't look like a viable option for me, and family commitments prevent me from moving closer.
Thanks,

Sam
christiandbutor
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hello

I'm Laurel, one of the Applicant Services Officers at Royal Holloway. I am the first point of contact for prospective students enquiring about the University. I work on open days, answers phones, emails and make decisions on applications - so you may have already met or spoken to me!

I'm now looking after the TSR account and will be available to answer any questions you might have about Royal Holloway, applications and student life!

I look forward to hearing from you

Laurel
Hi there, I have received a conditional offer to read Psychology starting in September 2014. How lenient is RHUL, they're looking for 30 Distinction which I don't think I could managed really,. I could probably managed 24 Distinction. Note: Doing an Access course. Thank you! and looking forward to your reply.
Ankit1991
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi Laurel,

I have received a offer for MSc in Big Data but i am planning to switch the course and apply for MSc in Information Security. Could you please let me know the procedure to do this?
sunny_1995
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hello,
Registration starts from 10am, in the Windsor Building, and your parents/guests can join you on the day for the majority of lectures/tours. The programme in the morning is: 11:10 Student Life at Royal Holloway talk, 11:40 Graduate Employment and Careers talk. It is also useful to know that campus tours are once an hour. The 1st one at 10am and the last one at 3pm.
The only time your parent/guest may not be able to come with you is if your department holds an applicant only session/sessions.
If this happens there are sessions just for parents such as Picturing the Past: and introduction to the Holloway Art Collection. They can also wonder round campus or sit in a cafe/have lunch.
I hope this makes everything clearer.
If you have any other questions just ask!
Enjoy the day
Laurel

Thanks Laurel! I have one more question to ask and it is about parking on the UCAS applicant day. Will there be places to park on campus if we are travelling by car? Thank you for your help and sorry for all the questions!
Rep:
(Original post by Schadenfreude65)
Hi Laurel,

Can you tell me if it's possible for mature students to get parking permits at RHUL? Public transport doesn't look like a viable option for me, and family commitments prevent me from moving closer.
Thanks,

Sam
Hi Sam,

It is possible for you to get a parking permit. It is quite a simple process, when you enroll at the University (this happens on the first day of uni) you just need to apply for one. At the time of enrollment if you have more questions about your parking permit just ask the student services team

Laurel
Rep:
(Original post by christiandbutor)
Hi there, I have received a conditional offer to read Psychology starting in September 2014. How lenient is RHUL, they're looking for 30 Distinction which I don't think I could managed really,. I could probably managed 24 Distinction. Note: Doing an Access course. Thank you! and looking forward to your reply.
Hi,

Psychology is one of our most popular courses and it is hard to get in to. They will need 30D and 15M from you. I'm sure you can do it! good luck.

Laurel
Rep:
(Original post by Ankit1991)
Hi Laurel,

I have received a offer for MSc in Big Data but i am planning to switch the course and apply for MSc in Information Security. Could you please let me know the procedure to do this?
Hi Ankit,

Please see my reply to you pm
Thanks,

Laurel
Rep:
(Original post by sunny_1995)
Thanks Laurel! I have one more question to ask and it is about parking on the UCAS applicant day. Will there be places to park on campus if we are travelling by car? Thank you for your help and sorry for all the questions!
No need to apologise about the questions!
It's always good to check! Yes, there is lots of parking on the campus and there will be marshals on the campus to guide you to parking when you get here.

Laurel
Schadenfreude65
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi Sam,

It is possible for you to get a parking permit. It is quite a simple process, when you enroll at the University (this happens on the first day of uni) you just need to apply for one. At the time of enrollment if you have more questions about your parking permit just ask the student services team

Laurel
Thank you.
Chris_94_
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi there! I've just applied to the Computer Science Course at RHUL starting in Sep 2014. I submitted my Personal Statement on UCAS back in October and since then I've made some changes, so I've sent my new alternate Statement to your Admissions office's email address. In this email I included my UCAS Personal ID, but not my Student number, as I sent my alternate statement before receiving your email confirming the receipt of my application and so before knowing my student number. Will my UCAS personal ID be fine in order to let you had my alternate statement to my application form or should I send you another email also including my student number?
JessX14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi Laurel ,

I recently applied for the undergraduate English and Creative writing course at RHUL and I'm super worried that its very close to the closing date and that its harder to get accepted! I know its not really a question but I was just wondering whether it would affect any chances I might have of being accepted

Jess
Rep:
(Original post by Chris_94_)
Hi there! I've just applied to the Computer Science Course at RHUL starting in Sep 2014. I submitted my Personal Statement on UCAS back in October and since then I've made some changes, so I've sent my new alternate Statement to your Admissions office's email address. In this email I included my UCAS Personal ID, but not my Student number, as I sent my alternate statement before receiving your email confirming the receipt of my application and so before knowing my student number. Will my UCAS personal ID be fine in order to let you had my alternate statement to my application form or should I send you another email also including my student number?
Hi
Nope you have done the right thing! We can find your student number using your ucas id so it's not a problem.
Laurel
Rep:
(Original post by JessX14)
Hi Laurel ,

I recently applied for the undergraduate English and Creative writing course at RHUL and I'm super worried that its very close to the closing date and that its harder to get accepted! I know its not really a question but I was just wondering whether it would affect any chances I might have of being accepted Jess
Hi Jess,

Can I just check, have you/are you applying before the 15th of Jan? By closing date...do you mean the 15th? Or is the the portfolio closing date?

Laurel
Luke O'Gorman
Report 7 years ago
Laurel,

I still haven't heard anything about my application yet for MSc Petroleum Geoscience. You said Sophie would contact me last week.

Luke

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (19)
8.68%
Okay (64)
29.22%
A bit lacking (82)
37.44%
Not good at all (54)
24.66%

Watched Threads