The Student Room Group

Should I take a gap year, change majors, transfer?

So I'm doing aeronautical engineering in a university in the middle east, and I don't know yet if it's the course I hate or the university, but I don't have the heart to do well anymore. I'm missing classes, doing badly in tests and finding that I don't really care, despite doing really well up until this point.

I want to continue doing aeronautical engineering because I know I am definitely able to do it, but I think it's because of the professors and the environment that I'm doing so badly. Unfortunately, a lot of people say that the environment may not change if I transfer and universities are the same everywhere so are the professors, etc etc. Maybe my expectations are too high since other people seem to be doing okay (other than myself and my roommate, who has the best cumulative GPA so we're not exactly stupid or lacking), but I don't know, I just don't feel like trying anymore.

So yeah, what to do? Should I consider transferring? I understand I can't transfer all of my credits but I can settle with transferring most. I just started my second year so I think I'll be able to transfer quite a few since the courses are mostly engineering basics and foundation subjects.
More importantly, where should I transfer to? It should unfortunately be somewhere close to the middle east since the reason I'm here in the first place is because my parents won't allow me to study too far (I was initially going to study in the UK :frown:)

Also, if I can't do aeronautical anywhere, should I settle for mechanical instead?

Thanks guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending