This discussion is closed.
Smartiez
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm a first year Psychology Undergraduate student at University of Westminster and I would like to transfer to a different uni in London for the same course in my 2nd year- preferably City University... I was wondering if anyone had any tips upon how to go about transferring to a different uni , I'm goin to email the universities that I would like to transfer to, asking whether they accept transfer applications, but I've read somewhere else that your reasons for wanting to transfer have to be very convincing or extenuating...just wondered if this was true ? As I'm quite unhappy at my university with their style of teaching which seems somewhat opposite to what they proposed at an Open Day and also the prospects seem very poor in comparison to since they have removed the study abroad option for psychology and don't provide much support through their student union.

Thanks in advance x
GizmoGecko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm also in my first at Westminster studying architecture, and I'm looking to transfer to a university close to home as I'm really struggling, and I'm very sure I could convince another university that I'm not happy there. I come from Blackpool and hope to transfer to a closer university, preferably Central Lancashire, so I also need some help and guidance as to how I can transfer to start my second year at another university.

I'd also like to add that my current course is Architecture BA, but other universities do Architecture BSc, so I would like to know if this would affect my university transfer.

I'd be thankful for any guidance or advice.
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Smartiez)
I'm a first year Psychology Undergraduate student at University of Westminster and I would like to transfer to a different uni in London for the same course in my 2nd year- preferably City University... I was wondering if anyone had any tips upon how to go about transferring to a different uni , I'm goin to email the universities that I would like to transfer to, asking whether they accept transfer applications, but I've read somewhere else that your reasons for wanting to transfer have to be very convincing or extenuating...just wondered if this was true ? As I'm quite unhappy at my university with their style of teaching which seems somewhat opposite to what they proposed at an Open Day and also the prospects seem very poor in comparison to since they have removed the study abroad option for psychology and don't provide much support through their student union.

Thanks in advance x
What's their teaching style like?
amaistar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GizmoGecko)
I'm also in my first at Westminster studying architecture, and I'm looking to transfer to a university close to home as I'm really struggling, and I'm very sure I could convince another university that I'm not happy there. I come from Blackpool and hope to transfer to a closer university, preferably Central Lancashire, so I also need some help and guidance as to how I can transfer to start my second year at another university.

I'd also like to add that my current course is Architecture BA, but other universities do Architecture BSc, so I would like to know if this would affect my university transfer.

I'd be thankful for any guidance or advice.
Did you transfer and which school was better?
amaistar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you transfer and what school was better?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This thread is SEVEN YEARS OLD.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
8%
I need help researching courses (5)
10%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
48%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
20%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6%

Watched Threads