The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Politics, Philosophy & Law KCL page! 2014 entry

Thought i'd start one! Give moral support and to keep fingers crossed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying with A* A* B Alevel predictions, but haven't heard back yet! wondering if anyone else has?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I applied in early October and haven't heard back yet. AAAA at AS, predicted A*A*A at A2. I want an offer for PPL so badly!
Reply 3
Aw wow that is so good! i only got ABBC at AS so this was a stab in the park for me, would be so amazing if i was made an offer but doubtful! where else have you applied?
Reply 4
I've applied to Oxford(Wadham College), LSE, KCL, Bristol, and Birmingham. Currently I have an offer from Bristol. I had my Oxford interviews this week. What about you? What is your first and second choice?! Also did you go to the PPL talk at King's open day? I did :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Hell0
I've applied to Oxford(Wadham College), LSE, KCL, Bristol, and Birmingham. Currently I have an offer from Bristol. I had my Oxford interviews this week. What about you? What is your first and second choice?! Also did you go to the PPL talk at King's open day? I did :smile:

Aw top uni's! I've applied to Nottingham, Queen Mary, Sheffield, Manchester and Kings College! Haven't heard from Kings & Queen Mary yet but offers from the rest! Yes i did! the second open day in September i think it was! How were your oxford interviews?
Reply 6
Any here got an offer for PPL? I just got mine a couple of days ago.
Reply 7
Wow lucky! Can I ask what your AS grades were? I haven't heard back yet :frown:
Reply 8
Forget, but is PPL a qualifying degree? Wonder if we could switch to PPL from LLB
Reply 9
Original post by mderi2012
Forget, but is PPL a qualifying degree? Wonder if we could switch to PPL from LLB

It is qualifying! 4 year degree and you have to do the compulsory modules for the llb
Sounds cool, but I'm gonna need to get accepted first lol
Original post by dansub0123
Any here got an offer for PPL? I just got mine a couple of days ago.

when did you send off ur ucas?
Reply 12
Original post by mderi2012
when did you send off ur ucas?

October and did my LNATs then too. Applied to Oxford for PPE hence the early application.
Original post by dansub0123
October and did my LNATs then too. Applied to Oxford for PPE hence the early application.

That's awesome, so did Oxford make you an offer?
Reply 14
Predicted 41 points in IB at 7,6,6 at HL. Applied and took LNAT in October... Still waiting for a reply. Apprehension is a killer :|
I applied to KCL in November for Law and am still waiting to hear back from them! I have recieved an offer from Cambridge and Nottingham so far but still waiting to hear from the others. Has anyone had an offer from King's for Law yet?
Reply 16
I finally received an offer for the PPL course a couple days ago. Currently in a dilemma of having to decide between the LSE for straight law and KCL for PPL.
Reply 17
Original post by Hell0
I finally received an offer for the PPL course a couple days ago. Currently in a dilemma of having to decide between the LSE for straight law and KCL for PPL.
King's for Politics, Philosophy and Law, hands down. I had to make a similar decision between this course and UCL's LLB, but the opportunity to study three subjects at a multidisciplinary university in four years, especially in the beautiful Somerset House, is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity. LSE may fare well in terms of rankings but nothing beats King's in terms of location and student life; and for law, it bears no significant impact upon your future whether you graduate from one of London's elite institutions or the other.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Still waiting for a reply. Anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by sgpl0x
Still waiting for a reply. Anyone else in the same boat?

Me too! I sent in my application at the beginning of October and still nothing yet.

Quick Reply