Politics, Philosophy & Law KCL page! 2014 entry

Watch
lemonfish96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thought i'd start one! Give moral support and to keep fingers crossed.
lemonfish96
Rep:
?
I'm applying with A* A* B Alevel predictions, but haven't heard back yet! wondering if anyone else has?
Hell0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I applied in early October and haven't heard back yet. AAAA at AS, predicted A*A*A at A2. I want an offer for PPL so badly!
lemonfish96
Rep:
?
Aw wow that is so good! i only got ABBC at AS so this was a stab in the park for me, would be so amazing if i was made an offer but doubtful! where else have you applied?
Hell0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've applied to Oxford(Wadham College), LSE, KCL, Bristol, and Birmingham. Currently I have an offer from Bristol. I had my Oxford interviews this week. What about you? What is your first and second choice?! Also did you go to the PPL talk at King's open day? I did
lemonfish96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hell0)
I've applied to Oxford(Wadham College), LSE, KCL, Bristol, and Birmingham. Currently I have an offer from Bristol. I had my Oxford interviews this week. What about you? What is your first and second choice?! Also did you go to the PPL talk at King's open day? I did

Aw top uni's! I've applied to Nottingham, Queen Mary, Sheffield, Manchester and Kings College! Haven't heard from Kings & Queen Mary yet but offers from the rest! Yes i did! the second open day in September i think it was! How were your oxford interviews?
dansub0123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Any here got an offer for PPL? I just got mine a couple of days ago.
lemonfish96
Rep:
?
Wow lucky! Can I ask what your AS grades were? I haven't heard back yet
mderi2012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Forget, but is PPL a qualifying degree? Wonder if we could switch to PPL from LLB
lemonfish96
Rep:
?
(Original post by mderi2012)
Forget, but is PPL a qualifying degree? Wonder if we could switch to PPL from LLB
It is qualifying! 4 year degree and you have to do the compulsory modules for the llb
mderi2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sounds cool, but I'm gonna need to get accepted first lol
mderi2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dansub0123)
Any here got an offer for PPL? I just got mine a couple of days ago.
when did you send off ur ucas?
dansub0123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mderi2012)
when did you send off ur ucas?
October and did my LNATs then too. Applied to Oxford for PPE hence the early application.
mderi2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dansub0123)
October and did my LNATs then too. Applied to Oxford for PPE hence the early application.
That's awesome, so did Oxford make you an offer?
sgpl0x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Predicted 41 points in IB at 7,6,6 at HL. Applied and took LNAT in October... Still waiting for a reply. Apprehension is a killer :|
abbie.coombs
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I applied to KCL in November for Law and am still waiting to hear back from them! I have recieved an offer from Cambridge and Nottingham so far but still waiting to hear from the others. Has anyone had an offer from King's for Law yet?
Hell0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I finally received an offer for the PPL course a couple days ago. Currently in a dilemma of having to decide between the LSE for straight law and KCL for PPL.
Sancte
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hell0)
I finally received an offer for the PPL course a couple days ago. Currently in a dilemma of having to decide between the LSE for straight law and KCL for PPL.
King's for Politics, Philosophy and Law, hands down. I had to make a similar decision between this course and UCL's LLB, but the opportunity to study three subjects at a multidisciplinary university in four years, especially in the beautiful Somerset House, is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity. LSE may fare well in terms of rankings but nothing beats King's in terms of location and student life; and for law, it bears no significant impact upon your future whether you graduate from one of London's elite institutions or the other.
sgpl0x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Still waiting for a reply. Anyone else in the same boat?
nguyenthaonguyen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sgpl0x)
Still waiting for a reply. Anyone else in the same boat?
Me too! I sent in my application at the beginning of October and still nothing yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (231)
31.09%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (363)
48.86%

Watched Threads