The Student Room Group

What "signs" do you give when you fancy someone?

as the title says :smile:

personally i'm quite reserved when it comes to stuff like this, i generally just try and talk to the person more and become closer friends with them but that's about it haha

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Abusing the use of emoticons

If I stand a chance then slowly start making witty comments and perhaps some sexual remarks

but yeah probably never talk to them because the fear of rejection
I think the 3 second rule...
Get all shy :colondollar:

But I obviously try to make it not look obvious.

On the contrary, I sometimes catch girls looking at me with the corner of my eyes, then I look near their direction and they look away......
I try too hard not to give a sign. I'm not jokey and I don't ask them about their day and I don't offer to walk them home etc. I don't want people to know I like them so I act the opposite as I do to everyone else :L
Reply 5
eye contact
Usually got a rather large boner
Original post by blue n white army
Usually got a rather large boner

made me laugh xD

Original post by Tom_green_day
I try too hard not to give a sign. I'm not jokey and I don't ask them about their day and I don't offer to walk them home etc. I don't want people to know I like them so I act the opposite as I do to everyone else :L

yeah same, i don't feel like this is the most efficient method of getting a bf/gf for some reason haha
Reply 8
There is the issue or giving a sign. But then then is also an issue with how they might interpret that sign. E.g. eye contact - does he like me? maybe I have something on my face? maybe he looks at everyone? maybe its nothing? ....See what I mean? But of course I understand why nobody may want to give a CLEAR sign - e.g. 'hey beautiful how's your day going?'
I sneak up behind them and whisper in their ear "Sometimes I fantasise about sticking my willy in your belly button, how do you feel about that?"

In all srsnss I really don't know how relationships happen, I just seem to fall into them. I guess I'm just really friendly with them and include somewhat flirtatious/complimentary remarks in general conversations. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I play a patient game though, so if you're after someone quick and don't want to wait months for something to happen then I'm totally the wrong person to ask.
Take my shirt off.
Original post by ThoughtIsFree

yeah same, i don't feel like this is the most efficient method of getting a bf/gf for some reason haha

No, I can say from experience and I'm sure you can too that it is in fact very ineffective :L
Original post by Drunk Punx
I sneak up behind them and whisper in their ear "Sometimes I fantasise about sticking my willy in your belly button, how do you feel about that?"

In all srsnss I really don't know how relationships happen, I just seem to fall into them. I guess I'm just really friendly with them and include somewhat flirtatious/complimentary remarks in general conversations. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I play a patient game though, so if you're after someone quick and don't want to wait months for something to happen then I'm totally the wrong person to ask.

haha. are you generally quite confident with people? :tongue:
Something subtle like daggering
Original post by James A
Get all shy :colondollar:

But I obviously try to make it not look obvious.

On the contrary, I sometimes catch girls looking at me with the corner of my eyes, then I look near their direction and they look away......

Pretty much this.

Hi
hi
Are you okay?
Yeah not too bad you?

A very short talk and ordinarily I can talk for ever.. And my heart isnt normally racing over around 20 words :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
haha. are you generally quite confident with people? :tongue:

No, I'm terrible with people. Social anxiety ftw... :moon:

Judging from your OP I'd imagine we go about things in a very similar way :yy:
Reply 16
Original post by chocolatesauce
I think the 3 second rule...

You play a lacrosse match??
Reply 17
buy her flowers, tell her my wedding plans, friendship request her family, look at her when she isn't looking at me

i do this to plant a seed of attraction in her mind, her midnight imagination wil do the rest
Original post by Tom_green_day

Hah, this.

I sort of simultaneously want them to know really badly, but I'm also terrified of them figuring it out. This usually manifests in me turning up at the same places a lot, but more or less ignoring them unless they talk directly at me,

At least that's what I do naturally. I'm much better these days since my confidence has improved a lot. Now I can actually be social. You can usually tell if I like someone just cause I'm super enthusiastic about talking to them. But I'm still too shy to be deliberately flirty or make any first moves.
Reply 19
Usually be uncharacteristically embarrassed around them, I normally don't give a ****.

Try to talk the talk and be a cool girl... pfft

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending