A-Level English Language and Literature?

Watch
Zoroark
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone.
I want to study Law in the future and I need to pick my A-Levels now.

Originally I was going to pick English literature as one of my A-Levels as I've heard it's good for Law, and English Literature is a facilitating subject while English Language isn't.

The problem is my school don't offer Literature as an A-Level and instead do AQA English Language and Literature. I haven't ever heard of this A-Level before and was just wondering how 'respected' it is and how much 'value' it holds compared to English Literature.

My other 3 A-Levels are Maths, Economics and History so the only other options I have if I don't do English Language and Literature are Psychology or Goverment and politics. How does English Language and Literature compare to those 2 subjects?

So what I'm really asking is how good of a A-Level is English Language and Literature?
staticas
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your subject choices are good enough as they are. Maths and history are respectable enough for English literature and language as a joint a level to not cause any problem - English literature is more respected, but since it is part of the joint option, it is still just as respected, the only possibility of it potentially making another applicant look better than you say with the same choices but just English literature instead of joint would be for a university like Oxford, Cambridge or Durham. I think quite a few universities see it as a positive as you've technically being studying both subjects and showing your skills in both whereas others can just choose one of them and maybe leave out the one they aren't any good at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
By the way, it's SO easy. But I got into law with a C in English lang-lit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (652)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (324)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.6%

Watched Threads