The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Uni of Sheffield - Journalism Studies 2014

Recently received an email from Sheffield Uni informing me that they are reviewing my application. As I am very impatient/excited/nervous, can somebody who has already received an offer from Sheffield to study Journalism Studies tell me how long it took after sending their UCAS application?

Or somebody who is applying for the same course but has not yet heard anything share my anxieties?!

Caity xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I also applied for Journalism! A few days after I received a confirmation email from the university that they had received my application they offered me a place on the basis I get ABB!

I'd just wait, another person I spoke to had to wait 2 weeks so just depends really! Best of luck :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
I have an offer from them! It took them just over a week to get back to me I think, it may have even been just a week! Got an offer of ABB too, what are your predicted grades, both of you? :smile: and are either of you going to their department open day next March?
Original post by georgie_wbu
I have an offer from them! It took them just over a week to get back to me I think, it may have even been just a week! Got an offer of ABB too, what are your predicted grades, both of you? :smile: and are either of you going to their department open day next March?

I applied begining of october and got an offer 3 weeks later! I'm predicted A* A* A - Also i'm going to the department open day on the 5th March :smile:
Reply 4
Received my offer today after my UCAS was sent off on Tuesday.

Conditional on ABB, predicted ABB. AS = ABB.
Reply 5
Original post by ConnorMcD
I also applied for Journalism! A few days after I received a confirmation email from the university that they had received my application they offered me a place on the basis I get ABB!

I'd just wait, another person I spoke to had to wait 2 weeks so just depends really! Best of luck :smile:

Wow congratulations! A few days - that is so soon!
I'm trying not to let my impatience get the better of me, I just really want to know! I absolutely love Sheffield :smile: thank you! x
Reply 6
Original post by georgie_wbu

Congratulations on your offer, well done! I hope Sheffield replies to me that quickly haha :smile:
My predicted grades are AAA, so hopefully...
Yeah, I'll be there! It'll be really nice to meet up with you all x
Reply 7
Original post by caitypebbles
Congratulations on your offer, well done! I hope Sheffield replies to me that quickly haha :smile:
My predicted grades are AAA, so hopefully...
Yeah, I'll be there! It'll be really nice to meet up with you all x

Thank you! Yeah they should do, any luck yet?
See you guys there!
Reply 8
Hey, sorry I haven't replied in a while, just got a new laptop so have been setting that up :smile:
I received a conditional from Sheffield a couple of days ago so should hopefully see you all there!!!! So happy yay :smile:
Hey, sorry I haven't replied in a while, just got a new laptop so have been setting that up :smile:
I received a conditional from Sheffield a couple of days ago so should hopefully see you all there!!!! So happy yay :smile:

Congratulations girl!! what grades did they put you need to get? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by sophiestewart
Congratulations girl!! what grades did they put you need to get? :smile:

Thank you!! I am absolutely ecstatic :smile: My conditional grades are AAB but I'm quite confident I'll reach that - I'm definitely more determined anyway! x
Thank you!! I am absolutely ecstatic :smile: My conditional grades are AAB but I'm quite confident I'll reach that - I'm definitely more determined anyway! x

I bet!! I got my offer almost a month ago and i'm still soooo happy about it! Ohhhh AAB! swear the highest they do it is ABB? someone on the main sheffield applicants tsr chat room got an offer yesterday of BBB because they were only predicted BCC - I hope you do chick! yes me too, i'm so determined! x
Reply 12
Hey!

I had my offer about a week later too. Was so relieved considering I am making it my first choice. Hopefully, If I don't get ABB and only BBB they will still consider me at the end of the year.. Hopefully!

Best of luck guys! X
Reply 13
Original post by sophiestewart
I bet!! I got my offer almost a month ago and i'm still soooo happy about it! Ohhhh AAB! swear the highest they do it is ABB? someone on the main sheffield applicants tsr chat room got an offer yesterday of BBB because they were only predicted BCC - I hope you do chick! yes me too, i'm so determined! x

Was this also for the BA Journalism course at Sheffield? I'm predicted BBB so hopefully that means they might still let me in at the end of the year if I miss out on that A! What are your predicted?
Original post by Xxemmahull
Was this also for the BA Journalism course at Sheffield? I'm predicted BBB so hopefully that means they might still let me in at the end of the year if I miss out on that A! What are your predicted?

Yes it was! my offer is ABB, I'm predicted A* A* A, but I have a weird feeling that i'll drop down to ABC!
Reply 15
Well done everyone :smile: Hopefully we get the grades necessary.

Presumably you all will be attending the department day in March?
Original post by ConnorMcD
Well done everyone :smile: Hopefully we get the grades necessary.

Presumably you all will be attending the department day in March?

I'm going on 5th march :smile:
I'm applying for journalism but haven't gotten any offers yet :frown:
Has anyone gotten anything
Although I set mine exactly dead on the 15th of jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
yay just got my unconditional offer from sheffield ;D
Original post by cyndikinz
yay just got my unconditional offer from sheffield ;D

woo congrats! see you in september!

Quick Reply

Latest