M218 - South Africa Motion Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
M218 - South Africa Motion, The Rt. Hon. Krollo MPThis House recognises the multitude of great things that Nelson Mandela has done over his exceptional life, and shares the grief of the South African nation. However, the country is still not entirely devoid of racial tension and various other significant issues of inequality, and the House is committed to help alleviate the many problems that the nation still suffers, as well as to improving relations between the United Kingdom and South Africa.
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Absolutely. Let Mandela's shining example continue to inspire us all and continue to show a way forward for South Africa.
MrDystopia
  • Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I believe the whole house will join me in commemorating the life of a great man, who served his nation proudly for the goal of equality amongst all. And I agree that we should endeavor to assist in implementing such an ethos in not just South Africa, but around the world.
WeeGuy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aye.
PhysicsKid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aye. If we are to be socially progressive we must continue his inspiring legacy, not just in his homeland or Africa, but the wider world in general. Hopefully this has at least reminded people of the good that foreign aid does- and how we can all be massive positive forces.
HJ M
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think as we worry and complain about the little things times like these help us notice the bigger picture and make us more aware of what is going on around us. Nelson Mandela and his colleagues will always be remembered for all the work they have done to ensure equality and fairness within and outside of their society. I think this motion is important in showing this house's respect and appreciation of Nelson Mandela and how we can continue to work towards a more equal and fair world.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nay.

We cannot make any difference, a waste of time. This is just an emotional reaction to this great mans passing. I appreciate the thought and share the sentiment however it is not our issue to deal with.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We should remember his family and all South Africans and our thoughts and prayers be for them. It is very rare for anyone to touch the hearts of so many people around the world, and to be so respected.
MacDaddi
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Nay.

We cannot make any difference, a waste of time. This is just an emotional reaction to this great mans passing. I appreciate the thought and share the sentiment however it is not our issue to deal with.
if I could neg this would certainly get it

This man made a monumental impact to millions of peoples lives. His attitude is one we can all learn from
SciFiRory
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yes, very much an aye from me, a great man who we must help to uphold the legacy of not only in his native South Africa but also worldwide by making sure that never again is an apartheid regime supported by major powers.

RIP Mandela, gone but history will not forget your work.
Will95206
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
An Aye for I

RIP Mandela
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mandela's loss is very sad, but hopefully his incredible legacy will lead today's ANC away from corruption and back to its roots.
Manamarak
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aye, aye, as a dual South African/British citizen.

I was lucky enough to photograph the great Madiba once:

Mandela.jpg

Viva Mandela.
Cheese_Monster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aye, his legacy will live on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Matthew_Lowson
Badges: 17
Report 5 years ago
Absolutely aye from me

Posted from TSR Mobile
nikkoch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
aye
Your Nemesis
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whilst inevitably all great men perish it's a shame that his death appears to have inspired almost god-like worship for him in South Africa that could distract from the struggle still ahead.
Faland
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"[N]ot entirely devoid" is such an understatement, I'm abstaining.
LETSJaM
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Absolutely.

<3 x
chrisawhitmore
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MacDaddi)
if I could neg this would certainly get it

This man made a monumental impact to millions of peoples lives. His attitude is one we can all learn from
He did lead a terrorist organisation for a good while. Don't be too quick to put him on a pedestal.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (42)
13.68%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (26)
8.47%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (61)
19.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (44)
14.33%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (36)
11.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (98)
31.92%

Watched Threads