Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    NSL on a country lane...you have to be mad! Round me, max speed on a country lane is 20mph because of a) they are narrow, b) they are bendy c) there are nutters that do 70 down them and d) horses.

Go the speed that is appropriate for the road, like with all roads. For a proper country lane, anything over 40mph is probably too fast.

Graham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Muck)
    Northern pointy bit Where are you!?
    Complete opposite, down in the south

The best thing about country roads (or lanes..) is that the limit is 60mph, but it's your responsibility to determine what is the right speed. I love that

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks people...il jus go with my gut instincts tomorrow and hope the examiner aint a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    NSL on a country lane...you have to be mad! Round me, max speed on a country lane is 20mph because of a) they are narrow, b) they are bendy c) there are nutters that do 70 down them and d) horses.

Go the speed that is appropriate for the road, like with all roads. For a proper country lane, anything over 40mph is probably too fast.

Graham
    That's a lane, they're talking about roads in the country (which IMO are just the same as any other road!!)

ReputationRep:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I PAAAAASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to EVERYONE who gave advice i reaaaaaaaaly appreciate it
    It was thundering absolutely pi-ssin it down!! and on toppp i had the cheiff examinerrrr arrrrrghhh...but u gta keep ur cool which is what i tried to do and luckily passed with 4 minors

ReputationRep:
    Wooo!! Good job - feels great doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Wooo!! Good job - feels great doesn't it?

ohh happy dayz................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    Wouldn't that be 6mph? I can't believe anyone would go that slowly...
    would be 10% less!!!! so 54!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    :eek: You know all the roads? :eek:

cos Lady_Muck is secretly tomtom!!! lol

and congrats on passing your test

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.