atinaaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Which university is better for business?

I have been offered a conditional offer from all three universities for business and management courses but i'm unsure of which one to go to.

Aston has a really good business school
but Birmingham and Nottingham are in the Russel Group and are prestige

Help
Nitrogen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nottingham has a good business school.
atinaaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Tpos)
I would think the fact that Aston is known for it's business school trumps the general prestige of the other two unis, no? I mean I would think the quality of the specific course is more important than whether the university is a Russel Group or not. Obviously if you can get both in one then that's great, but I don't think Bham and Nottingham aren't known for business (not entirely sure though).
But recently on the league tables Birmingham has topped Aston for the business course so I'm unsure?
Tpos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by atinaaa)
But recently on the league tables Birmingham has topped Aston for the business course so I'm unsure?
Hmm, I dunno, Aston is more established as a business school, as far as I know. Other members will tell you to not rely too much on league tables as well. If they are pretty much as good as each other and you're finding it really difficult to decide, I think you should think about which university you generally like better. Birmingham and Nottingham are similar in that they're big, campus universities but obviously they're in two different cities. Aston is much smaller, and in the middle of a city centre - think about the different environments etc and what you would prefer - where would you be happier?
iLayton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I have been offered a conditional offer from all three universities for business and management courses but i'm unsure of which one to go to.

Help
They're all good unis, although Birmingham and Nottingham are better than Aston. My friend started at Aston this year for business, and hated it there so much, he left!

If it was me, I'd say either Birmingham or Nottingham, but you should visit both of them, and see which you prefer! There prestige/ranking is very similar!
Just make sure you visit both, you have to be there for 3 or 4 years.. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
utr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dont touch Aston with a barge pole, just thinking about it will probably infect you.
hanna343
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Help
Aston has the most established business school and strong links to industry, with one of the best employability rates. Aston business school is better than Birmingham's.
tweet2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd choose Aston. Its business school is among the top 1% in the world
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
22.92%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
8.33%
No I am happy with my choice (30)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.25%

Watched Threads