Poll: Whose death is the most tragic?
Paul walker (20)
60.61%
Nelson Mandela (13)
39.39%
falseprofit
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Is Paul Walker's or Nelson Mandela's death a more tragic event? I'm curious to see the results and read why.
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I'd probably say Walker's. Mandela led a long and accomplished life and died peacefully in old age. His achievements will never be forgotten. Walker's life was cut short in a tragic accident.
ckingalt
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Nelson Mandela's death was not tragic, because it was expected and appropriate in its' timing. Paul Walker's death was unexpected and untimely. So Walker wins in the tragic death category. Mr Mandela will have to settle for being more influential in life instead of being more tragic in death.

Rest in peace to both, and thank you for your contributions, as different as they may be.
ddaappoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Really? Comparing deaths? Come on man.
James Bachelor
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Paul walker is my favorite actor
awe
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
This thread is the most tragic.
Solemn Rain
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Really OP? Both are tragic deaths.
Plainview
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Who even is Paul Walker? I had never heard of him before this week. People die young every single day – most much younger than him.

Mandela was not just a man; he was a cultural symbol of a country and even of an ideology. RSA has to stand on its own two feet now that he's gone.
falseprofit
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Plainview)
Who even is Paul Walker? I had never heard of him before this week. People die young every single day – most much younger than him.

Mandela was not just a man; he was a cultural symbol of a country and even of an ideology. RSA has to stand on its own two feet now that he's gone.
Mr. Walker was exceptional at looking hot and pretending to drive cool cars really fast. Mandela never did any of those things well. I suspect that RSA will continue to be be the same country it was tomorrow as it was yesterday. However, the Fast and Furious franchise is in much more dire straights after Paul Walker's demise.
Guy Secretan
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
jeez someone dying at 95 is not tragic
BlessingBlessed
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The word tragedy describes Paul Walker's death much better, doesn't it?
doctordee
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by falseprofit)
Is Paul Walker's or Nelson Mandela's death a more tragic event? I'm curious to see the results and read why.
Nelson Mandelas death is not at all tragic, it's beautiful, he's off to heaven now after all of his hard work one earth, on the other hand Paul Walker didn't die old, he was only 40 and still young in my eyes, and the circumstances of his death are tragic, in comparison to Mandelas.
Protagoras
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
What is tragic is keeping a frail old man in a vegetative state for months on life support and switching it off on the night of a premiere of a film about him.
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ddaappoo)
Really? Comparing deaths? Come on man.
This.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
All deaths are tragic in their own way, whether it be from leaving a devoted family in mourning, to a life wasted or squandered, or the loss of a brilliant human being from the planet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
42.63%
The paper was reasonable (257)
41.65%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
8.59%
It was TERRIBLE (44)
7.13%

Watched Threads