Report 12 years ago
Baseball bat, meet dead horse.
caw123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Ace is Back)
Weren't they ordered to stand down or something for the first time in their history?
No.

If they were, explain this;
http://911research.wtc7.net/cache/pe...nterviews.html
03:56:39 LT COLONEL "DUFF", PILOT, AIR NATIONAL GUARD
As we're climbing out, we go supersonic on the way, which is kind of nonstandard for us. And, and Nasty even called me on the, radio and said, Duff, you're super. I said yeah, I know. You know, don't worry about it.

03:56:51 MAJOR "NASTY", PILOT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
I was kind of wondering why he going so fast. We really didn't have verbal authorization to go supersonic.

03:56:58 CHARLES GIBSON, ABC NEWS
(VO) The fighters are hurtling toward New York at mach 1.2, nearly 900 mile per hour. They are 153 miles from the World Trade Center.

03:57:08 LT COLONEL "DUFF", PILOT, AIR NATIONAL GUARD
I just wanted to get there quickly.

03:57:10 MAJOR "NASTY", PILOT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
We're going as fast as we could.
Fighters scrambled at 8:52, flying faster than authorised. They were 60 miles away from NYC when the 2nd plane hit.

NORAD is designed to intercept planes coming from outside the US, not internal flights. Only one internal intercept was carried out in the 10 years prior to 9/11 - that of golfer Payne Stewart. It took 76 minutes for F-16s to reach his plane after contact was lost. The transponder of the plane was still on.
On 9/11 the transponders were off, so pilots and air traffic control had to look for the hijacked flights among this: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/...flights450.jpg
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by caw123)
No.

If they were, explain this;
http://911research.wtc7.net/cache/pe...nterviews.html

Fighters scrambled at 8:52, flying faster than authorised. They were 60 miles away from NYC when the 2nd plane hit.

NORAD is designed to intercept planes coming from outside the US, not internal flights. Only one internal intercept was carried out in the 10 years prior to 9/11 - that of golfer Payne Stewart. It took 76 minutes for F-16s to reach his plane after contact was lost. The transponder of the plane was still on.
On 9/11 the transponders were off, so pilots and air traffic control had to look for the hijacked flights among this: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/...flights450.jpg
Fair enough, didn't know that.
caw123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The only aspect of 9/11 I find truly puzzling is why George Bush wasn't whisked away from that Florida schoolroom straight away after the 2nd plane hit the WTC.
Invocation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
The only aspect of 9/11 I find truly puzzling is why George Bush wasn't whisked away from that Florida schoolroom straight away after the 2nd plane hit the WTC.
and did nothing..

and why did he say that he saw the first plane hit the towers on tv ?
caw123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 10inchpianist)
and did nothing..

and why did he say that he saw the first plane hit the towers on tv ?
Because he was mistaken? George Bush isn't exactly known for his intelligence or accuracy of his speech now is he?

This is a man who has said all sorts of stupid stuff, yet this comment about the WTC is accurate?

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."

"Do not misunderestimate my intelligence"
Invocation
Rep:
?
how could you mistake something like that? it was an obvious lie
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Because he was mistaken? George Bush isn't exactly known for his intelligence or accuracy of his speech now is he?

This is a man who has said all sorts of stupid stuff, yet this comment about the WTC is accurate?

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."

"Do not misunderestimate my intelligence"
Haha are those quotes real?! That is truly incredible.
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Because how many terrorists are going to fly a plane into a random school in Florida? He was safer where he was. And what good could he have done at the site of the attack, anyway? Waved a magic wand to clear the wreckage up?
Invocation
Rep:
?
my favourite quote of his is "shes a texas girl, just like me"

haha
Rusty33
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my favourite quote of his is "shes a texas girl, just like me"

haha
Yep. And, he's still the most powerful man in the world, and you can't manage positive rep on a student forum.
Invocation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rusty33)
Yep. And, he's still the most powerful man in the world, and you can't manage positive rep on a student forum.

where did that come from ??(unprovoked cheap shot ?) it doesnt say adored and respected member under my name for nothing you know

i'm terribly sorry i dissed your leader.

i can see you're very patriotic, but i cant see why your president thinks hes a texas girl???

im pretty sure tony blair at least doesnt think hes an english girl ?
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
where did that come from ??(unprovoked cheap shot ?) it doesnt say adored and respected member under my name for nothing you know

i can see you're very patriotic, but i cant see why your president thinks hes a texas girl???

You're clearly a stranger to cheap shots...
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Cheap shot? No. That would be if I brought something about you personally to the table, or something of that matter. I only use what's in front of me. The bottom line is that regardless of his politics, calling him stupid is very ironic considering the comparison of your position to his.

I don't like Ding Dong Il, but I would never call him stupid. A tyrant, a radical, a little crazy? Maybe. But, he's still the leader of an entire nation. That says something of his intellect. And, Bush is that much more powerful and influential. I didn't do anything other than compare your status and his. If you think that is a cheap shot, perhaps you should evaluate your status, not the fact that someone else might show you a mirror.

(And, fwiw, "Adored and Respected Member" is a status brought on by your post count. It's automatic, not assigned.)
Invocation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rusty33)
Cheap shot? No. That would be if I brought something about you personally to the table, or something of that matter. I only use what's in front of me. The bottom line is that regardless of his politics, calling him stupid is very ironic considering the comparison of your position to his.

I don't like Ding Dong Il, but I would never call him stupid. A tyrant, a radical, a little crazy? Maybe. But, he's still the leader of an entire nation. That says something of his intellect. And, Bush is that much more powerful and influential. I didn't do anything other than compare your status and his. If you think that is a cheap shot, perhaps you should evaluate your status, not the fact that someone else might show you a mirror.

(And, fwiw, "Adored and Respected Member" is a status brought on by your post count. It's automatic, not assigned.)
i see george bush is better then me..right right

you see i once had the chance to be president of america but my dad dint pull strings to get me into yale. even then bush did only obtain a C average. bush is nothing more than a coward who would have never got to where he is today if he didnt get a little help from daddy. this is a guy who kept being left out of duty in the national guard for 'special reasons'.

this guys an idiot. all i wanna know id howTF did he get into that position???
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
By having a larger proportion of the American voting populace think him the best man for the job than anybody else did.
Invocation
Rep:
?
(Original post by 789654123)
Some sources from Dalle Molle Institute for Perceptual Artificial Intelligence suggest that it wasn't Bin Laden who is to blame for 9/11 but the US Government. The US have been found on many occasions showing fake Osama tapes to their audiences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_tapes

http://www.guardian.co.uk/alqaida/st...851112,00.html
This is a more detailed article from the Guardian.

you see what happens to the public when they believe everything they hear...

the truth has been obscured

kudos 789654123
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you see what happens to the public when they believe everything they hear...

the truth has been obscured

kudos 789654123
Holy titty-shagging christ. Do you realise the immense power of the irony you've exhibited? You should warn us next time you're going to drop a bomb like that, the sheer density of the irony has caused a collapse in the space time continuum, and it's sucking everything in, including my computer, my physical body and my desire to ever read one of your ridiculous, idiotic fountains of crap you call a post ever again.
Invocation
Rep:
?
osama on 9-11:

On September 28, 2001, the Karachi-based The Daily Ummat published an interview with bin Laden[1][2] and quotes him as saying: "... I am not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other human beings as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. ... Whoever committed the act of September 11 are not the friends of the American people. I have already said that we are against the American system, not against its people, whereas in these attacks, common American people have been killed. ... The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; the people who are a part of the US system but are dissenting against it. Or those who are working for some other system; persons who want to make the present century as a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity so that their own civilization, nation, country, or ideology can survive. They may be anyone, from Russia to Israel and from India to Serbia. ... Then there are intelligence agencies in the US, which require billions of dollars worth of funds from Congress and the government every year. This was not a big problem until the existence of the ex-Soviet Union but after that the budget of these agencies has been in danger. They needed an enemy. So, they first started propaganda against Osama and the Talibans and then this incident happened. ..."

...interesting...
ForeverIsMyName
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes because the obscurities about the tape must mean it was...

AMERICA! DUN DUN DUUUN!

Go back and answer Cew's points.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.79%
No (499)
72.21%

Watched Threads