0%
This discussion is closed.
Invocation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by DanGrover)
Holy titty-shagging christ. Do you realise the immense power of the irony you've exhibited? You should warn us next time you're going to drop a bomb like that, the sheer density of the irony has caused a collapse in the space time continuum, and it's sucking everything in, including my computer, my physical body and my desire to ever read one of your ridiculous, idiotic fountains of crap you call a post ever again.

what cha talkin' bout danny:confused:
Invocation
Rep:
?
(Original post by DanGrover)
Holy titty-shagging christ. Do you realise the immense power of the irony you've exhibited? You should warn us next time you're going to drop a bomb like that, the sheer density of the irony has caused a collapse in the space time continuum, and it's sucking everything in, including my computer, my physical body and my desire to ever read one of your ridiculous, idiotic fountains of crap you call a post ever again.

im basing my opinion on a lot of things i have heard. iv said it before and il say it again. iv heard both sides of the story but i am still undecided. its just another blow to the official story. if you dont look into these things you might aswell throw your hands up and say "alright! il dbelieve whatever you tell me!!"
Invocation
Rep:
?
(Original post by 789654123)
10inchpianist you must remember that Osama Bin laden said in one of his tapes he was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. But since the US have been showing fake Video tapes of Bin Laden, one can never be sure.

but was that tape verified ? or was it hidden away in an office in the pentagon where it will never see the light of day for a long time?

if something isnt prooved i cant take someones word for it

i really dont trust the american governmet whens its continued use of propaganda and lies. if you dont know what im talking about go on to limewire and search for

popeye a jolly good furlough
disney's hitler's chidren
donald duck - the spirit of '43

disturbing manipulative propaganda aimed at children
Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 10inchpianist)
osama on 9-11:

On September 28, 2001, the Karachi-based The Daily Ummat published an interview with bin Laden[1][2] and quotes him as saying: "... I am not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other human beings as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. ... Whoever committed the act of September 11 are not the friends of the American people. I have already said that we are against the American system, not against its people, whereas in these attacks, common American people have been killed. ... The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; the people who are a part of the US system but are dissenting against it. Or those who are working for some other system; persons who want to make the present century as a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity so that their own civilization, nation, country, or ideology can survive. They may be anyone, from Russia to Israel and from India to Serbia. ... Then there are intelligence agencies in the US, which require billions of dollars worth of funds from Congress and the government every year. This was not a big problem until the existence of the ex-Soviet Union but after that the budget of these agencies has been in danger. They needed an enemy. So, they first started propaganda against Osama and the Talibans and then this incident happened. ..."
Now there you have a point. From what I remember, Usama bin Laden's response was something like "Now there's a good idea, why didn't I think of that first". He praised those who did it, but asserted he wasn't behind it himself.

Whether he is prepared to lie, Muslim though he is, is another question entirely.
Rusty33
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i see george bush is better then me..right right

you see i once had the chance to be president of america but my dad dint pull strings to get me into yale. even then bush did only obtain a C average. bush is nothing more than a coward who would have never got to where he is today if he didnt get a little help from daddy. this is a guy who kept being left out of duty in the national guard for 'special reasons'.

this guys an idiot. all i wanna know id howTF did he get into that position???
No neccessarily better. Just smarter. And, that is shown in the fact that he knows hTF he got into office, and you don't. And, that is just the beginning.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
but was that tape verified ? or was it hidden away in an office in the pentagon where it will never see the light of day for a long time?

i really dont trust the american governmet whens its continued use of propaganda and lies. if you dont know what im talking about go on to limewire and search for

"Next time, class, we'll learn about how the cartoon "Captain Planet" was a ploy by the American government to teach children that polluting was bad and how large munitions in the hands of extremists can ruin the world. How dare they!"

:rolleyes: Get a grip.
Lawz-
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What the FECK is this crap about Bin Laden not accepting responsibility, - the big Al Q have already come out and denied that that bald little Moroccan was involved and instead pointed to another man as their "20th Hijacker"...

Maybe that isn’t a signed confession, but to clarify the details on who was really involved, and hand over tapes of them displays a worrying degree of involvement...

And to threaten that you will carry out “more attacks” implicitly takes the blame for the first one …

On a side note – these people who deny Muslims had anything to do with 9/11 – do they also claim that the first WTC attack was a Mosad/CIA/Masons/Opus Dei plot?

Oh - and the notion that the entire support structure of the WTC was made of Titanium is idiotic... no architect or engineer with a budget (i.e. NONE OF THEM) would build such a thing without a brain tumour and a crate of Bombay Sapphire.
Invocation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rusty33)
"Next time, class, we'll learn about how the cartoon "Captain Planet" was a ploy by the American government to teach children that polluting was bad and how large munitions in the hands of extremists can ruin the world. How dare they!"

:rolleyes: Get a grip.
it takes a special kind of person to dismiss these propaganda sources without watchin them. you an idiot or somethin ? try replying to this when youve seen the videos
Lawz-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

A government used propoganda...

Alert the media.

On that basis you would never believe ANY government or ANY political organisation EVER.

Because someone in politics from the USA lied in 1943 doesnt mean that every utterance from an American politician in 2006 is a lie...
Invocation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lawz-)
A government used propoganda...

Alert the media.

On that basis you would never believe ANY government or ANY political organisation EVER.

Because someone in politics from the USA lied in 1943 doesnt mean that every utterance from an American politician in 2006 is a lie...

thats weird, because i dont actually remember saying or even implying every american politician is corrupt ?

i was merely giving examples of propaganda from the past. iv researched 20th century propaganda throughly and found it is only getting more sophisticated. i dont see how heavy propaganda would just stop after the vietnam war and not continue. as technology advances propaganda becomes easier and more sophisticated.

and seeing the effects of stalist propagana, the use of propaganda has increased in sophistication immensely with new technology available.

e.g. bush had hired an independent firm to make sure that as many people possible watched the fall od saddams husseins statue in baghdad live, showing the success of bush's policies
Evil-Tuna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
e.g. bush had hired an independent firm to make sure that as many people possible watched the fall od saddams husseins statue in baghdad live, showing the success of bush's policies
This is probably just a bit of a vague point, (but i tend to find that it's not rare on here anyway) but apparently, the amount of iraqis out there that day was much lower than they claimed it was. there was a moderate level of apathy about it in baghdad.

but anyway, this thread has mostly turned into a slanging with 10 inch pianist and everyone else. i dont see the reason for certain members to go on and on continuously (more than 1 involved to be fair), but thats D&D for ya.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it takes a special kind of person to dismiss these propaganda sources without watchin them. you an idiot or somethin ? try replying to this when youve seen the videos
And, it takes an even more special person to not be able to read a metaphor.

Captain Planet teaches kids that pollution is bad. That's a good thing.
Popeye teaches kids to eat spinach, that Nazis are evil, and that resorting to violence should only be done when necessary. Some evil he is.
The same with Donald Duck in regards to Nazis. Propaganda against Nazis is wrong? What planet are you living on? Since when is nationalism looked on as a bad thing? It's bad to teach children of pride and patriotism? Are you kidding me?

It's not like these cartoons are teaching children to steal, become violent, or show disrespect to elders, like so many of our esteemed programs do today. Programming today often time raises children. Those cartoons only worked to reinforce the values that many American children were raised with. So, why is it a bad thing that a government might want to produce shows that promote the well being of their own nation and it's citizens, not to mention the evil that was the Nazi regime? Come ON man.

Like Dan said, you are a fecking cuke.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Evil-Tuna)
This is probably just a bit of a vague point, (but i tend to find that it's not rare on here anyway) but apparently, the amount of iraqis out there that day was much lower than they claimed it was. there was a moderate level of apathy about it in baghdad.

but anyway, this thread has mostly turned into a slanging with 10 inch pianist and everyone else. i dont see the reason for certain members to go on and on continuously, but thats D&D for ya.

Speak for yourself.
Lawz-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
thats weird, because i dont actually remember saying or even implying every american politician is corrupt ?
Corrupt what now?

When did I use the word?

You implied that you wouldn't believe the US government and then pointed to propoganda that is almost half a century old and more...

simple

Dont get confused... propoganda and PR arent the same thing...

Anyway - as I said - the point stands...

Government's use PR - that isn't news... it doesnt even make page 25 of your local newspaper... and neither does it necessitate a distrust in an entire govenment sufficent to discredit entirely everything they say.
Evil-Tuna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Speak for yourself.
Which posts are you talking about though? It's usual to link to the page of the thread that you're talking about.

All I can see is me pointing out some advice. (even in a polite way) you seemed to take it in a negative way.

My bad.:rolleyes:
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cheap shot? No. That would be if I brought something about you personally to the table, or something of that matter. I only use what's in front of me. The bottom line is that regardless of his politics, calling him stupid is very ironic considering the comparison of your position to his.

I don't like Ding Dong Il, but I would never call him stupid. A tyrant, a radical, a little crazy? Maybe. But, he's still the leader of an entire nation. That says something of his intellect. And, Bush is that much more powerful and influential. I didn't do anything other than compare your status and his. If you think that is a cheap shot, perhaps you should evaluate your status, not the fact that someone else might show you a mirror.

(And, fwiw, "Adored and Respected Member" is a status brought on by your post count. It's automatic, not assigned.)
What an incredibly idiotic argument. You're saying that because we are 'mere' citizens we have no right to criticize those in charge, who are in some way inherently superior?
Champagne Breakfast
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
By having a larger proportion of the American voting populace think him the best man for the job than anybody else did.
It's rather interesting to note that none of the states right in the north-east, arguably the most civilized and best educated part of America, voted George Bush. Funnily enough he was most popular in the south..
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Ace is Back)
What an incredibly idiotic argument. You're saying that because we are 'mere' citizens we have no right to criticize those in charge, who are in some way inherently superior?
Oh, the irony. It's a very simple concept, you see. He has managed to establish himself as the most powerful person in the world. So, to call him stupid, when you can't obtain more than a peon status on TSR is a little "idiotic." Obviously, he managed to find a way to get himself into the position his is in. If he is so stupid, why is that he is such a position, and you are not? (And, when I say you, I mean every other person in the world who is not the most powerful person in the world, and not necessarily you, Ace.)

Even if you are a better speaker that him, even if you pull down better grades than he did at Yale, and even if his entire administration falls apart before his eyes, he is still, right now, the most powerful person in the world. Give credit where it is due.
Champagne Breakfast
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
he knows hTF he got into office
Skull & Bones, George Bush Senior, connections, networks, from the south..
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Ace is Back)
It's rather interesting to note that none of the states right in the north-east, arguably the most civilized and best educated part of America, voted George Bush. Funnily enough he was most popular in the south..
Talk about an idiotic post.:rolleyes: You mean the part that shares the opinions that are closest to yours. That does not equate intelligence.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.3%
No (418)
72.7%

Watched Threads