0%
This discussion is closed.
Rusty33
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Ace is Back)
Skull & Bones, George Bush Senior, connections, networks, from the south..
"Losers always wine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen." - Sean Connery
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Rusty33)
Oh, the irony. It's a very simple concept, you see. He has managed to establish himself as the most powerful person in the world. So, to call him stupid, when you can't obtain more than a peon status on TSR is a little "idiotic." Obviously, he managed to find a way to get himself into the position his is in. If he is so stupid, why is that he is such a position, and you are not? (And, when I say you, I mean every other person in the world who is not the most powerful person in the world, and not necessarily you, Ace.)

Even if you are a better speaker that him, even if you pull down better grades than he did at Yale, and even if his entire administration falls apart before his eyes, he is still, right now, the most powerful person in the world. Give credit where it is due.
Oh I have. You might want to read my posts earlier on in the thread defending the guy. I still think your line of thinking is wrong, in that just because he is clearly better at politics than anyone on this forum it means he can't be criticized or mocked. It's views like that that lead to totalitarianism. I thought America was all for free speech, democracy and all that.
Champagne Breakfast
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
"Losers always wine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen." - Sean Connery
Awesome quote. However, believe it or not, I ain't sore. I know for a fact that I can never become President of the United States for the following reasons:

1. I am not an American citizen
2. I can't pretend to be patriotic enough
3. I would rather die than become a politician (corruption, morality, media etc.)

My point however is simple - maybe he's not as great as you think.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh I have. You might want to read my posts earlier on in the thread defending the guy. I still think your line of thinking is wrong, in that just because he is clearly better at politics than anyone on this forum it means he can't be criticized or mocked. It's views like that that lead to totalitarianism. I thought America was all for free speech, democracy and all that.
I read your posts. You should read mine. I said that disagreeing with policy, not understanding the logic behind his actions, or not liking his overall personality is one thing. But, contrary to popular belief, he's not a monkey in a carousel control room. The point I was trying to make, and I thought it was quite clear in the beginning, was that calling him dumb is, well....dumb.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Awesome quote. However, believe it or not, I ain't sore. I know for a fact that I can never become President of the United States for the following reasons:

1. I am not an American citizen
2. I can't pretend to be patriotic enough
3. I would rather die than become a politician (corruption, morality, media etc.)

My point however is simple - maybe he's not as great as you think.
I don't think he's great. I think he's an ***hole. But, just like Ding Dong Il, that still doesn't make him stupid.
Champagne Breakfast
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But, contrary to popular belief, he's not a monkey in a carousel control room.
That's what I was trying to get across as well. Having said that, I don't see why we're not allowed to find those quotes amusing.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's what I was trying to get across as well. Having said that, I don't see why we're not allowed to find those quotes amusing.
Comedy is one thing. Basing your arguments, which other people are quite fond of doing, off of the notion is another.
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, the irony. It's a very simple concept, you see. He has managed to establish himself as the most powerful person in the world. So, to call him stupid, when you can't obtain more than a peon status on TSR is a little "idiotic." Obviously, he managed to find a way to get himself into the position his is in. If he is so stupid, why is that he is such a position, and you are not? (And, when I say you, I mean every other person in the world who is not the most powerful person in the world, and not necessarily you, Ace.)

Even if you are a better speaker that him, even if you pull down better grades than he did at Yale, and even if his entire administration falls apart before his eyes, he is still, right now, the most powerful person in the world. Give credit where it is due.
Well, by that definition he is the smartist man in the world.

Not everyone wants to rule the world.
Invocation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
And, it takes an even more special person to not be able to read a metaphor.

Captain Planet teaches kids that pollution is bad. That's a good thing.
Popeye teaches kids to eat spinach, that Nazis are evil, and that resorting to violence should only be done when necessary. Some evil he is.
The same with Donald Duck in regards to Nazis. Propaganda against Nazis is wrong? What planet are you living on? Since when is nationalism looked on as a bad thing? It's bad to teach children of pride and patriotism? Are you kidding me?

It's not like these cartoons are teaching children to steal, become violent, or show disrespect to elders, like so many of our esteemed programs do today. Programming today often time raises children. Those cartoons only worked to reinforce the values that many American children were raised with. So, why is it a bad thing that a government might want to produce shows that promote the well being of their own nation and it's citizens, not to mention the evil that was the Nazi regime? Come ON man.

Like Dan said, you are a fecking cuke.

thats just fine but most of the propaganda was aimed at the japanese. alot of it was pure racism, especially the way they were facially depicted. the fact that the japanese and americas look different meant it was easy to take advantage of through propaganda
Invocation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lawz-)
Corrupt what now?

When did I use the word?

You implied that you wouldn't believe the US government and then pointed to propoganda that is almost half a century old and more...

simple

Dont get confused... propoganda and PR arent the same thing...

Anyway - as I said - the point stands...

Government's use PR - that isn't news... it doesnt even make page 25 of your local newspaper... and neither does it necessitate a distrust in an entire govenment sufficent to discredit entirely everything they say.
i could go into way more detail on propaganda bush has used. look up seymour hersh, hes an expert on propaganda and how bush senior and junior used it.

i dont trust the american government because they lie to get support for wars. before the iraq war he said he KNEW that the WMDs were near tikrit and in the south to make it look like he knew what he was doing. but now he cant find them ?

before the first gulf war cheney was working the bush senior, who then claimed that saddam was a threat to the world and claimed they had proof. they said their satellite photos showed a quater of a million iraqi troops and 1500 tanks preparing to invade saudi arabia. other photos of that time and soviet photos showed no tanks or soldiers...just sand. the goverment then told the saudis that they were in danger so they invited the coalition to 'protect' them. thats how america gotinvolved in gulf war one
Invocation
Rep:
?
What an incredibly idiotic argument. You're saying that because we are 'mere' citizens we have no right to criticize those in charge, who are in some way inherently superior?
i think president rosevelt once said that if you blindly follow your government good or bad,you're an idiot
Invocation
Rep:
?
It's rather interesting to note that none of the states right in the north-east, arguably the most civilized and best educated part of America, voted George Bush. Funnily enough he was most popular in the south..
well bush voters are stupid:

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2004...ion-IQ2004.htm

very interesting link

btw rusty's state is in the bottom half
Invocation
Rep:
?

yes lets credit hitler, mussolini and stalin aswell, just because they were powerful...
Invocation
Rep:
?
was that not the most out of context quote ever ?
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DanGrover)
Well, by that definition he is the smartist man in the world.

Not everyone wants to rule the world.
Not the smartest man in the world. Just one of the smartest men in world. And, there are definately different variations of intellect.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 10inchpianist)
yes lets credit hitler, mussolini and stalin aswell, just because they were powerful...
Right. Tell the whole forum right now that those individuals weren't intelligent. I'm dying to hear it.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well bush voters are stupid:

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2004...ion-IQ2004.htm

very interesting link

btw rusty's state is in the bottom half
"Data were published in The Economist and the St Petersburg Times, though this does not mean it should be taken as fact."

Political satire. Anything else, genius?
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
was that not the most out of context quote ever ?
Ace got it.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i think president rosevelt once said that if you blindly follow your government good or bad,you're an idiot
Who here is blindly following their respective government? I must have missed that.
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

(Original post by Rusty)
Not the smartest man in the world. Just one of the smartest men in world. And, there are definately different variations of intellect.
While the latter part of your quote is certainly true, I don't think you can claim Bush as being one of the smartest men in the world - in any sense of intellect - simply because he is President. He was initially elected because the people were sick of the Democrats and wanted tax breaks. I guarentee that whatever Republican was running for presidency would have won it. Of course, I can't prove this, but i'd be surprised to hear your reasons if you disagree.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise