A-levels Watch

Elena234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What is p.e a-level like and do you have to be good at the physical part to get a good grade? Also, where can I go after taking p.e a-level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
meganward97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PE AS/A Level

This course covers theoretical and practical aspects of the study of PE.
In the first year there are two main study topics. Unit 1 covers the beneficial effects of a healthy lifestyle and includes subjects like the physiological effects of exercise and how people acquire sports skills. Unit 2 is a practical unit you will learn how to analyse and evaluate practical performance, how to improve performance, and the factors affecting gaining new skills.

Course content

In the second year you will continue with the theme of optimising the performance of an athlete. This includes how physiology and psychology can improve performance for elite athletes, as well as studying the important topics within sport today.

Entry Requirements

• 5 GCSEs at A* - C. Must include English Language.

Year 2 also looks at practical performance in competitive situations. This includes written coursework on the observation and analysis of weaknesses, along with theoretical causes and ways of correcting any errors the performer is making.
Will this subject suit me?
This course is designed to allow you to focus on a single physical activity throughout the course developing an interest in a variety of roles such as performer, official and leader/coach. You will take on 2 roles in year 1 and 1 role in year 2. The course will enhance knowledge and understanding of the factors that affect performance and participation in sport and physical activity. In addition, topics to evaluate and discuss contemporary developments in sport, such as the impact of new technology, sport-specific rehabilitation and the use of ergogenic aids are included.

PE goes well with other subjects. If you want a career in physical education you might also consider Biology and Psychology. But no matter what your career ambition, if you are passionate about sport, this course is great to take alongside other subjects.
Where can it lead?
Sport and fitness is a huge industry and you can be part of it. If you’re keen on sport you can make a healthy living from your passion. Whether that’s working for a football club, as a personal trainer at the local gym, or training to be a P.E. teacher or physiotherapist, there are lots of opportunities. From professional sport through to amateur teams and individuals who just want to get in shape, sport and fitness is a fast-growing business. Best of all, you could be in a career doing something that you love.
PE opens up a whole number of career options like sport scientist, P.E. teacher, events organiser, sports development officer, physiotherapist, or working for a national governing body.
Elena234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Wow this was really helpful Megan, thankyou so much for your reply! I think I will definately choose p.e as an a level as I would like to go into physiotherapy when I'm older

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (88)
14.52%
Yes - a food allergy (63)
10.4%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.48%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.64%
No (424)
69.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed