The Student Room Group

Schools direct/PGCE 2014 applicants for secondary mathematics

Hi!

Trying to search out the other fellow secondary maths ITT applicants on TSR so we can support each other through the application/interview/training process :smile:

I've applied for PGCEs at Uni of Leeds and Leeds Trinity and All saints and schools direct at a local school.

K x
Reply 1
Hi Kelly!

I'm Oliver and I'm just about to apply for a teacher training course, the PGCE Mathematics for Secondary. I've yet to decide a course provider (the university) because I'm from Barcelona, so I don't have a clear preference for a certain place or another. I'm checking the likelihood of applying for one of the universities in Manchester.

I might very well send my application at the beginning of next week. I hope they will not be reluctant because I'm from another country. I'll let you know as soon as I do my next step if you want.

By the way, was it difficult to fill in your application?

Kind regards,

Oliver
Reply 2
Heya,

I have accepted an offer to study at Worcester for PGCE Secondary Mathematics. I submitted my application on 2/12, was interviewed on 9/12 and an offer was made on 10/12.

I am a very happy bunny indeed! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Congratulations!!

Wow! That went so fast! I'm glad you got a place. Did you do a SEP beforehand or you had already experience? Have they phoned the reference people you wrote on your application? (Teacher and employer) THanks!! :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Oliver4
Congratulations!!

Wow! That went so fast! I'm glad you got a place. Did you do a SEP beforehand or you had already experience? Have they phoned the reference people you wrote on your application? (Teacher and employer) THanks!!

Thank you! :biggrin:
I did a placement through the SEP and arranged a two day visit to another secondary school. I also work with young people in a hospital as my full time job so think that counted a little! My referees were my previous Uni tutor (I graduated 3 years ago) and my current employer, didn't have one from a school.
Reply 5
Hello Guys,

I have been offered a conditional maths PGCE place at Manchester Metropolitan Uni. I am originally from Scotland but currently live in Vienna, so I will be looking for a place in Manchester. Anyone else in the same situation?

Andy
Reply 6
Original post by hutchy45
Hello Guys,

I have been offered a conditional maths PGCE place at Manchester Metropolitan Uni. I am originally from Scotland but currently live in Vienna, so I will be looking for a place in Manchester. Anyone else in the same situation?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Even though I'm still filling out my application, one of the three universities that I'm going to apply to is the MMU, as well as you did. Could you give me either by this thread or by private message give me further information about the process, the interviews, the current vacancies at the MMU and whether you had previous school experience, and so forth.

As soon as I get a conditional or definitive place I'll start looking for a place in Manchester as well, because I don't live there neither.

Cheers!

Oliver
Reply 7
Hello Guys,

I have a conditional offer from Manchester Metropolitan University. I am originally from Scotland but currently living in Vienna so I will need to find a place in Manchester. Anyone else is a similar situation?

Andy
Reply 8
I am an English teacher in a primary school, so I have pleaty of teaching experience. I also worked for a year as a business English trainer. The interview process was a group task assessing a maths lesson, a written piece on inclusion and diversity and finally a one to one interview. All of these I thought went quite well. In terms of places, I have no idea how many they have! Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Reply 9
Hi all
I've got a maths offer from edge hill but have a schools direct interview next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi all,

I just accepted an offer for Maths PGCE at University of Bristol.
Anyone else at Bristol? :smile:
Reply 11
Hey Everyone,

I have an offer for a Maths Pgce at The University of Sussex :smile:
Welcome to the profession all.

Just checking you are all aware of the scholarship.
Reply 13
hi!
I have an interview there!

could you please let me know about your experience? any unexpected questions/? how many days of school experience did you have?
thank you
Reply 14
MMU Interview for Secondary Maths
How many minutes do you have for the written piece? Are you given set time like 10 minutes etc?
I have my interview this Wednesday and so would really appreciate your help.

Original post by hutchy45
I am an English teacher in a primary school, so I have pleaty of teaching experience. I also worked for a year as a business English trainer. The interview process was a group task assessing a maths lesson, a written piece on inclusion and diversity and finally a one to one interview. All of these I thought went quite well. In terms of places, I have no idea how many they have! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending