The Student Room Group

Aqa philosophy revision

This subject is defo harder than most subjects. I can't believe some idiots thought it was soft subject haha. It's defo harder than history and politics which is my other two a levels I'm studying. Anyway I'm doing the topics R&E, persons, God ans the world, the problem of evil. Can anyone please suggest a structure to the 30 markers and how to get near 15/15 on the part a questions.

Plus could someone define in a simply form the meaning of rationalism and nativism. I know empiricism is the belief that all ideas and knowledge derive through sense experience, this makes the most logical sense to be honest.
i started doing philosophy but had to give it up… Found it so difficult
Reply 2
I am doing AQA Philosophy as well. The most hard bit is understanding the actual question (for most of my peers), Actually knowing examples and knowing key knowledge but applying that knowledge in order to attain Level 5 or Level 6 (me, and for people who enjoyed a grade B at GCSE English). You definitely require at least 2 hours of research of articles, examples and reading books every week. If you can't match that, the maximum you'd get is probably a D or a C.
I am doing modules different than yours, I am currently doing
.Reason and Experience
.The value of Art
Sorry I didn't actually read your post fully: (Just out of gut feeling)

Rationalism is the concept that every motive is based on reason rather than lets say Religion or Emotions.
Nativism well, has multiple reasons. One of them is related to anti multiculturalism and the other one, Philosophy it means that our abilities are naturally born us. For example, you can take examples from wildlife (animals), and the native americans.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm using a good text book that does to a great extent make everything a bit easier. Have you got any predictions about what will come up for reason and experience in May/June?
I assume you two are in AS?

I'm in A2. And my experience of AQA Philosophy is... Well firstly its extremely hard! Usually the problem is remembering the content with this subject you can't remember the content, if you have no idea what it even is.

I'd say its exam technique that is the most important thing... You can know everything about Philosophy and do a lot of of reading around the subject. But its comes down to your technique...

Good luck with your revision. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by >Username<
I assume you two are in AS?

I'm in A2. And my experience of AQA Philosophy is... Well firstly its extremely hard! Usually the problem is remembering the content with this subject you can't remember the content, if you have no idea what it even is.

I'd say its exam technique that is the most important thing... You can know everything about Philosophy and do a lot of of reading around the subject. But its comes down to your technique...

Good luck with your revision. :smile:

Yes, I am doing AS. Do you have any tips on Value of Art?
Thnx

Quick Reply

Latest