Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I can meet all the gcse reauirements for nottigham universiy except when it says A in he double science award. What dpes that mean? I have double science b grade and core science b grade and im doing triple now...whats an A in the double science award? I need to know asap because Ithen need to ask my teacher if I ca re-take core or additional science to get an a . And hiw strict are the gcse requirements...is the a in the doublescience award for nottungham university vetinary course absolutely crucial?
smd4std
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
pretty sure you need A's across the board
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Nottingham uni requirement says 5 a's at gcse which im fairky confident ill get its just a double science award at a in gcse has to be included...what is an a in the double science award?
SilverstarDJ
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"minimum of five grade As at GCSE to include chemistry, biology and physics (or double science)" - Nottingham's website.

You can either take double science, or take the sciences seperately (chem, bio, physics) ie triple science. I don't think you can do both double AND triple science.... but I'm not sure if GCSEs have changed since I took them.

I am not sure about how important GCSEs are for Notts. You are best to email them to ask. Other unis will have different GCSE requirements. I would expect most people get As at bio and chem at least, since you will be taking these subject at A level which is a step up from GCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise