The Student Room Group

My boyfriend sends loads of kisses to other girls and it annoys me

My boyfriend and I have been going out for almost 2 years and we have a good relationship. He has lots of friends (girls) but I barely have any at all. Anyway, he puts lots of kisses to other girls, probably about 40 and it's annoying! He says that they don't mean anything, but then I wonder, why put any then?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
grow up
Reply 2
Send TSR noobs some kisses and show it to him.
I understand, that would bug me tbh. Have you tried talking to him and telling him that it bothers you? Perhaps ask him outright if he would stop it to put your mind at rest?
If not, then it is something you'll have to get used to. If you don't trust him and think that they are more than just typing "xxxxx" then don't stay with someone that you can't trust. It's not worth it.

Honestly, if they were just xxxx's then I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem with him stopping to keep you more comfortable. My boyfriend doesn't send them, but if he did I'm sure that he would be understanding if I talked to him about it.
40?! That's ridiculous in itself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
how old is he to be putting 40 xs at the end of texts?
how old are you that him putting xs on the end of texts bugs you?
Reply 6
Original post by Lucy96
40?! That's ridiculous in itself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or is it? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 7
Kisses really don't mean anything. I often send people 'xoxox' at the end of messages just out of habit. If you have a good relationship and that's all that's bothering you then just let it go.
Maybe he just likes holding the x button down.like when people write lol as loooool . :tongue:
They're not "kisses", they're letter X's, which some people use to sign off informal messages.

Most of the time, the people you send them to are people who you would never kiss in real life. I've received them from girls, boys, even one of my school teachers.
Reply 10
Original post by Voltozonic
I doubt it's 40 people.

Either OP is incredibly sad and sat there and counted each individual one, or is exaggerating because she's upset. Which do you think is more likely ?

It doesn't mean anything OP and it's a silly thing to get upset over.

It is around 40, i'm not sad enough to have counted them. The kisses take up one whole line.
Reply 11
Original post by ilex_noemi
I understand, that would bug me tbh. Have you tried talking to him and telling him that it bothers you? Perhaps ask him outright if he would stop it to put your mind at rest?
If not, then it is something you'll have to get used to. If you don't trust him and think that they are more than just typing "xxxxx" then don't stay with someone that you can't trust. It's not worth it.

Honestly, if they were just xxxx's then I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem with him stopping to keep you more comfortable. My boyfriend doesn't send them, but if he did I'm sure that he would be understanding if I talked to him about it.

Yes i have once, but he hasn't actually stopped doing it. Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by ddaappoo

16 ahah
Reply 13
Get over the need to control what he types? :rolleyes:
Original post by tazarooni89
They're not "kisses", they're letter X's, which some people use to sign off informal messages.

Most of the time, the people you send them to are people who you would never kiss in real life. I've received them from girls, boys, even one of my school teachers.

This.

You need to trust him, and I doubt it means anything unless he's only doing it to one or two people in the context of otherwise flirty messages.

I put kisses on a lot of messages, whether it's people I'm friends with, family, or workmates. Me putting 3 kisses on something doesn't mean I'm going to kiss them 3 times, nor does 40 mean I'm going to pin their against a wall and make out with them for five minutes.

I would hug most people though, maybe I should start signing off my texts 'Ooooo'.

For what it's worth, I think 40's ridiculous in any context, but I think being bothered by it is just as ridiculous.
Reply 15
Original post by ddaappoo

Looool I agree tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I struggle to even put a couple to my own girlfriend, everyone else gets no kisses at all... :I

Honestly though, if it bothers you that much (as in you don't trust him or his intentions or his respect for you) then why are you with him?

There's literally billions of men on Earth, plenty who you could get on with just as well but who won't be sending like '40 kisses to his female friends'.

So basically if you don't like it and it's a big enough issue to make you question the relationship, tell him to quit it or you're gone, or just outright leave.
Break up with him, sorted.
40 is really quite OTT :lol:
Reply 19
Haha, I used to be the same!

I just spoke to him about it and he stopped because it bothered me, it took some time but just let him know how you really feel, he may not change but at least he will make a compromise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending