Obsessed with my ex housemate

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
For my second year I moved into a house with a couple of people, one of them was a girl that I found really nice and attractive. She was one of those girls who look just as good with and without make up.. natural beauty..

At the time I was single and she had a boyfriend so I knew I couldn't ever have her. Besides, it's against my principles to hit on your housemates, as it can easily cause awkward situations in the house.

I still dreamt of her a lot though but got into a relationship with a girl that I thought was OK and we are still together today. My housemate and her boyfriend weren't doing very well though and ended breaking up.

I thought I would have had a chance then but then again I was with another girl and shouldn't be trying my housemates regardless.. There were some signals from her side showing that she was interested, but nothing too sure to risk anything.

My housemate then found another guy and I felt quite jealous. I stayed with my girlfriend and everything was ok but every morning I would wake up dreaming of my housemate.

Now it's third year and my housemate has moved to exchange to another country with her boyfriend and I thought I could easily stop thinking about her.

The problem is I still dream of this girl all the time. I sometimes wake up in the morning dreaming I'm cuddling with my housemate to realise I'm not with her but next to my girlfriend. This is extremely frustrating and I feel very guilty, like if I was cheating on my gf but just in my dreams.

How do I make this go away?
ilex_noemi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For a start I recommend breaking up with your girlfriend!
I would hate to be in a situation where my boyfriend was calling me "ok" and was dreaming of another girl.
That's extremely unfair on her, give her the chance to find someone who appreciates her.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by ilex_noemi)
For a start I recommend breaking up with your girlfriend!
I would hate to be in a situation where my boyfriend was calling me "ok" and was dreaming of another girl.
That's extremely unfair on her, give her the chance to find someone who appreciates her.
Yeah but everything is going fine with me and my girlfriend apart from the dreams I'm having.

I mean for instance I wouldn't scrap my good and reliable Volvo just because a BMW has always been my dream but I can't afford one?

I just need to somehow get back on earth and forget about this gorgeous girl but how??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise