The Student Room Group

Swansea A101 Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
I think I'm one of the 25...I got a rejection yesterday. Luckily, I got a place at Nottingham and so will be declining an offer from Swansea should it arise. So congratulations on offers people, and good luck for those on the reserve list or applying next year. Hang in there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have a link or copy of the week by week timetable that was shown during the interviews-even last year's to get an idea of the course structure week by week?
Reply 402
congratulations on your offer from nottingham! were you sent an email saying you are still on the reserve list, just to know if there are people on reserve also freeing up places....
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 403
Original post by sakr26
congratulations on your offer from nottingham! were you sent an email saying you are still on the reserve list, just to know if there are people on reserve also freeing up places....

Thanks.

I was sent an email about not being offered a place presently, but I may be contacted should a place become available. Then there was a Facebook update about numbers of offers and rejections and elaborated more on the reserve list. There was also a UCAS track notification. What's your situation if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 404
I am in the lucky (or unlucky) 25. I have an offer from another uni but Swansea is my first choice and I am trying to work out whether it is worth waiting a little while longer or accepting my other offer (I really hope I don't sound ungrateful, I know some people would be delighted with an offer)

Has anyone had any luck contacting admissions? I know I won't be given an idea of where on the list I am (possibly 25th) but an indication of whether it's worth holding on a little longer would be really helpful.

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 405
Hi I am also in the 25, but I don't have an offer from anywhere else. I feel like 25 is still alot of people. let's hope for the best
Reply 406
Right I've just taken myself off the lucky (I'm staying optimistic!) 25, so hopefully someone gets bumped up from the rejections pile. Hopefully people will know with a bit more certainty in just little over 4 weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 407
another update on facebook..i don't understand how the number of conditional offers have gone down from last week , are results out already in some uni's?...or if we are still 25 on the waiting list even though there are 8 less places...
Original post by sakr26
another update on facebook..i don't understand how the number of conditional offers have gone down from last week , are results out already in some uni's?...or if we are still 25 on the waiting list even though there are 8 less places...

At my uni not everyone has exams and therefore their total transcript grade is released early. I can't comment on other universities though.

I imagine the numbers on the waiting list have gone down, I was offered a place and I know of a few folks who have since accepted other offers. At this stage you would presume that people who wanted to accept Swansea in any way would have done it. If you were thinking on the offer at Swansea still you would have to have other offers you would have thought. The date I had to tell Swansea by was a long way off I recall, so it could be a long wait. Result is worth it though!
Reply 409
Original post by shaiky9
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have an offer for the Nottingham A101 course as well as any other medical course at another University?

I have been trying to pursue a career in medicine for over 4 years now, and feel I am very close right now as I am on the waiting list (for Nottingham).

If anyone is thinking of rejecting a Nottingham offer, it would do so much for me. It would literally change my life for the better. This is my only option this year, and I am not sure how fast this waiting list is moving.

Is anyone intending on rejecting a Nottingham a101 offer?

I know this all sounds crazy, but Ive seen some big acts of altruism on the student room, and I thought it was worth a shot.

What position are you in the list ??
Reply 410
Hello
I am still on the waiting list and am starting to be in kind of a desperate situation here, can anybody tell me what deadline you were given to provide your degree results? Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 411
Hello lovely people- I was wondering if you could help me out... I'm a 2015 applicant and I was wondering what the written section of the interview process involves- whether its a multiple choice/ essay format, and whether it is something that can be prepared for or not. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Has GAMSAT cut off released?
Reply 413
Original post by Ama2007
Has GAMSAT cut off released?

Not until results day which will probably be 18/19 November. Congrats on your Cambridge interview :smile:
Original post by M150
Not until results day which will probably be 18/19 November. Congrats on your Cambridge interview :smile:

Thank you! !
I know I cannot believe it :tongue:

hows your application going?
Reply 415
Original post by Ama2007
Thank you! !
I know I cannot believe it :tongue:

hows your application going?

Very slowly :smile: Waiting on GAMSAT results day for three choices and Warwick for the other and their website says to expect interview invites in December. Feels like it's been going on forever.
Original post by M150
Very slowly :smile: Waiting on GAMSAT results day for three choices and Warwick for the other and their website says to expect interview invites in December. Feels like it's been going on forever.

Am I right in saying you have a GAMSAT score of 65 already?? (from your blog) you should be fine with that!
Reply 417
Original post by ceciafb
Am I right in saying you have a GAMSAT score of 65 already?? (from your blog) you should be fine with that!

I do yes, my main concern is that I won't get interview dates with enough advance notice to be able to book the time off work. I've been desperately trying to avoid booking meetings around the interview dates but my diary is now really starting to fill up. I've been volunteered by work for the Ebola project as well so I really need to get the annual leave booked.
Original post by M150
I do yes, my main concern is that I won't get interview dates with enough advance notice to be able to book the time off work. I've been desperately trying to avoid booking meetings around the interview dates but my diary is now really starting to fill up. I've been volunteered by work for the Ebola project as well so I really need to get the annual leave booked.

That sounds great, what would you be doing on the ebola project? SGUL interview in march but I wasn't aware when swansea interview? I feel like my GAMSAT score will be in the 40s, not feeling confident about it at all! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending