2007PSanHa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, for my A2 music I have to arrange Handel's Water Music into a pop song. Obviously, I have to write some lyrics which I haven't done before. I've based my song around water and freedom because it's based on Handel's Water Music. What do you think of my chorus lyrics? Any tips?

Where the river
Leads to the sea
I want to follow
Want to be free
Want to be free
Board a boat and swim
Out to sea, out to sea
Want to be free
Want to be free
yepyepyep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 2007PSanHa)
Hi, for my A2 music I have to arrange Handel's Water Music into a pop song. Obviously, I have to write some lyrics which I haven't done before. I've based my song around water and freedom because it's based on Handel's Water Music. What do you think of my chorus lyrics? Any tips?

Where the river
Leads to the sea
I want to follow
Want to be free
Want to be free
Board a boat and swim
Out to sea, out to sea
Want to be free
Want to be free
They're basically asking you to rewrite Shakespeare then?
Your lyrics are alright, I like the theme you picked. I think they're a bit simplistic though, but they aren't bad.
2007PSanHa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks! Not really, I have to use compositional techniques to change the piece - it's kind of complicated! I need them to be fairly simplistic because a chorus needs to be memorable. I might have to change it slightly to fit with the melody line though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (502)
59.69%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.11%
No- I want it (239)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (57)
6.78%

Watched Threads