teaching myself c1 edexcel Watch

silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I havent got my A2 results yet but i'd be surprised if it wasnt an A. I only need 184/300 for an A and i'm pretty sure i've exceeded that in my summer exams.
desmondmac
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how did u get to dat stage, full marks in all units or what!!!!!
silent ninja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nah, i dropped 4 marks. its not that unusual though because the AS units are fairly easy.
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thankyou lots all of you - I dont want to do a maths degree I want to go into something sciency maybe and i stress maybe, medicine, which is very competitive
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol kool- well can you give me some advice about studying maths and hwo i can make sure i acheive a good grade. reall good advice that u have come to see as key whilst learning this subject...
lil one
Rep:
?
wow silent ninja that is excellent i would be so proud of myself if i was you! Welldone.
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmmmm medicine, i reckon i woulda made a good doctor buh i just didnt want to be a walking cliche... mind you law isnt that far from it. well you obvisouly a sciency person might be a good path for you to take
samd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I can't understand the original post. You want to teach yourself C1 now as you need to be ahead of other people in your class?!

What is wrong with you?!

You will follow the content much better if you wait and do it with your class. Maths A Level is not pushed for time and is largely doable, so there is absolutely no need to get ahead.
lil one
Rep:
?
samd i need to be ahead for my confidence in maths, like in gcse when i didnt understand one thing i got so stressed out and as i go to a private school its a very stressy environment with geniuses all around you and so you move really really quickly. I know that if i got ahead of gcse i could have achieved an A* and i dont want to make that same mistake for alevel
alispam
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i would recommend this website it got my an A (hopefully) at Alevel maths:
http://www.mathsnet.net
silent ninja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by desmondmac)
lol kool- well can you give me some advice about studying maths and hwo i can make sure i acheive a good grade. reall good advice that u have come to see as key whilst learning this subject...
Do lots of past papers lol thats the best advice. I would also attempt some of slightly easier papers (like the Solomon's starting ones) without revision so you can test your recall and reasoning, otherwise its all just mechanical.
You learn a lot by trying to 'figure out' how to do something rather than the method being laid in front of you.

Obviously dont cram and when you complete a unit, maybe do a paper per week to keep things 'ticking over.'
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
in additional in the sixth form i plan to attend (inner city and all dat) it does not seem to be uncommon for students to not have time to be taught whole units in class in time for exams, i really dont want to be in that situation for any of my subjects
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
thankks oh wise silent one- how would i get hodl of these solomon papers
silent ninja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by desmondmac)
thankks oh wise silent one- how would i get hodl of these solomon papers
cant find the websites-- removed or dont work. I PMed you.
Berto90
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by silent ninja)
nah, i dropped 4 marks. its not that unusual though because the AS units are fairly easy.
:ditto: for my C1. I think I dropped 1 mark on C2 also, so I guess that'll be about 4 UMS again
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Berto90)
:ditto: for my C1. I think I dropped 1 mark on C2 also, so I guess that'll be about 4 UMS again
How sad for you. Would you like a tissue or do you think you'll get over it.
lil one
Rep:
?
silent ninja where can i get hold on the solomon papers mate?
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeh silent i sent u a message back... will you have a marksheme with the papers
Berto90
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Widowmaker)
How sad for you. Would you like a tissue or do you think you'll get over it.
Do you have one?

Also, don't panic when you see the soloman papers guys, they are much harder than the real thing. You'd get a much better indication of how hard it is by just looking at past papers.
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ill keep that in mind berto
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads