Want more information about this university?

Anyone studying Electronic Engineering and Computing at Queen Mary?

Watch
Tahnik
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is there anyone studying EEC?

I really need to know how good is the teachers and if it has a good graduate prospects.

Thank you
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tahnik)
Is there anyone studying EEC?

I really need to know how good is the teachers and if it has a good graduate prospects.

Thank you
Ít was called Computer Engíneeríng recently...........made a thread but íts íncomplete http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2339138
Tahnik
Rep:
?
At last ! Thank you brother. What do you think about the job prospects of this degree?

I want to join MSc in software Engineering at imperial college later.

And btw,can you please tell me from which country you are? I mean is UK your birth place?

Thank you very much.
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At last ! Thank you brother. What do you think about the job prospects of this degree?

I want to join MSc in software Engineering at imperial college later.

And btw,can you please tell me from which country you are? I mean is UK your birth place?

Thank you very much.
You make it what it is........the degree will only help you meet the requirements of graduate schemes, the rest is really up to you to make yourself stand out. Getting a 2:1, passing all the modules doesn't get you nowhere, you got be confident do a lot of stuff outside universities which relates to where you want to work.

Well its not that simple, but certainly possible.

Yep, born and bred in London.

Also press the reply button or the one next to it then write your message íf íts to me so that I get it on my notification.
Tahnik
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iqbal007)
You make it what it is........the degree will only help you meet the requirements of graduate schemes, the rest is really up to you to make yourself stand out. Getting a 2:1, passing all the modules doesn't get you nowhere, you got be confident do a lot of stuff outside universities which relates to where you want to work.

Well its not that simple, but certainly possible.

Yep, born and bred in London.

Also press the reply button or the one next to it then write your message íf íts to me so that I get it on my notification.
Thank you.

and which route do you think is better? Studying MEng or studying ( BEng + MSc)?

Talking about universities, do you think queen mary is better than University of Surrey for electronics engineering?

and how much hard do you think making a good result in qm is.

Thank you again for your time.
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you.

and which route do you think is better? Studying MEng or studying ( BEng + MSc)?

Talking about universities, do you think queen mary is better than University of Surrey for electronics engineering?

and how much hard do you think making a good result in qm is.

Thank you again for your time.
Whatever you want to be fair.........MEng 4 year course is taught, so unlike MSc where generally íts you by yourself researching, etc
Íf you are doing the 4 year course, if your a home student, student fínance wíll gíve you loans for the 4 years where as the MSc will have to be self-funded.
-
Never been Surrey so Í have no idea.
-
Íts not íncredíbly hard, just be organísed and do the work on tíme. Though ín comparíson the workload at Ímperíal ís much hígher.
Tahnik
Rep:
?
Whatever you want to be fair.........MEng 4 year course is taught, so unlike MSc where generally íts you by yourself researching, etc
Íf you are doing the 4 year course, if your a home student, student fínance wíll gíve you loans for the 4 years where as the MSc will have to be self-funded.
-
Never been Surrey so Í have no idea.
-
Íts not íncredíbly hard, just be organísed and do the work on tíme. Though ín comparíson the workload at Ímperíal ís much hígher.
Can you please tell me where is the engineering faculty? Is it in whitechapel?

And if you don't mind can you give me your facebook profile link?
I am applying for the same degree as your's so you might be able to help me

Last question, do you think computer science will be better than EEC?

Thank you very much
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can you please tell me where is the engineering faculty? Is it in whitechapel?

And if you don't mind can you give me your facebook profile link?
I am applying for the same degree as your's so you might be able to help me

Last question, do you think computer science will be better than EEC?

Thank you very much
Past whitechapel, whitechapel is the medicine/dentistry campus.
Its on Mile End road, Engineering is on the westside of the campus in Mile end.

Computer Science is specifically programming, a lot of stats maths......whereas EEC ís maínly the programming and software side of comp sci and the main electrical eng stuff from the other side with projects.
Tahnik
Rep:
?
Past whitechapel, whitechapel is the medicine/dentistry campus.
Its on Mile End road, Engineering is on the westside of the campus in Mile end.

Computer Science is specifically programming, a lot of stats maths......whereas EEC ís maínly the programming and software side of comp sci and the main electrical eng stuff from the other side with projects.

Ahh,EEC is the best for me then. Thank you for your time

I hope one day we'll meet.
ImBadWithNames
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, is it possible to apply for BEng and at some point transfer to MEng?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ImBadWithNames)
Hey, is it possible to apply for BEng and at some point transfer to MEng?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, latest is at the beginning of your 3rd year.
Tahnik
Rep:
?
Yep, latest is at the beginning of your 3rd year.
Hey bro, sorry to disturb you again. But what will be better for university works?

A laptop or a desktop?
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey bro, sorry to disturb you again. But what will be better for university works?

A laptop or a desktop?
Well íts a bít complícated..........ít depends, we have our own buíldíng wíth far better spec computers then everyone else on campus just for us. Í thínk a laptop will be more ídeal as your an ínternational, you want somethíng to move around ín and you won't have to waít for a computer ín the líbrary or híve íts very crowded and makes group work easíer.

Also buy the laptop once your ín the UK, bangladesh tech ís outdated.
Tahnik
Rep:
?
Well íts a bít complícated..........ít depends, we have our own buíldíng wíth far better spec computers then everyone else on campus just for us. Í thínk a laptop will be more ídeal as your an ínternational, you want somethíng to move around ín and you won't have to waít for a computer ín the líbrary or híve íts very crowded and makes group work easíer.

Also buy the laptop once your ín the UK, bangladesh tech ís outdated.
How about I use an iPad to do this little works (note-taking,surfing) and use a pc in my home to do the engineering works?

Thank you
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How about I use an iPad to do this little works (note-taking,surfing) and use a pc in my home to do the engineering works?

Thank you
You could, though not ideal if you need to do essays in a group or similar stuff. Or want to work elsewhere....as our computer building is different, we only have access so a bit unsociable, separate server systems and the programs we use.
Tahnik
Rep:
?
You could, though not ideal if you need to do essays in a group or similar stuff. Or want to work elsewhere....as our computer building is different, we only have access so a bit unsociable, separate server systems and the programs we use.
Ah, a laptop then. But the problem is there isn't many good laptop brands out there.

Anyway thanks for your advice
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah, a laptop then. But the problem is there isn't many good laptop brands out there.

Anyway thanks for your advice
Laptop is preferable, as our building has labs from 9-6, and there are few frees here and there and you get locked out if there is a lab. The library, hive and computers elsewhere are poor, different servers and well poor specced computers with very little software for our department. Hence why we got our thing going, and hence why a laptop would be better.

There are, Asus, Lenovo, etc
Tahnik
Rep:
?
Laptop is preferable, as our building has labs from 9-6, and there are few frees here and there and you get locked out if there is a lab. The library, hive and computers elsewhere are poor, different servers and well poor specced computers with very little software for our department. Hence why we got our thing going, and hence why a laptop would be better.

There are, Asus, Lenovo, etc
I'm thinking buying Asus or HP. Is there any "thief" problems around the campus?

Because if I buy a laptop I won't be able to buy a PC. So my laptop will be high-end.

And I will buy a 15'' probably.
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm thinking buying Asus or HP. Is there any "thief" problems around the campus?

Because if I buy a laptop I won't be able to buy a PC. So my laptop will be high-end.

And I will buy a 15'' probably.
Lenovo are also good.........I would go towards Asus.....the more you spend the better it might be to get a custom laptop.
Tahnik
Rep:
?
Lenovo are also good.........I would go towards Asus.....the more you spend the better it might be to get a custom laptop.
I love slim laptops. Most of the custom laptops are fat and ugly. And Sony used to make the most beautiful laptops but they just sold their VAIO division.

By the way, do we need to do any gpu intensive works? Should I think about GPU? Because most of the laptops as you know has noob Graphics cards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads