The Student Room Group

Creative Critical Response For Hamlet

I need to write a review for Hamlet around 750 words, problem is I have no idea how to start or what to do! Yikes! I would preferably like to base it on the theme of suicide. I have currently watched Gregory Doran's version with the lovely David Tennant xD and plan on watching the famous Olivier's 1848 version. I'm new to AS Literature but LOVE writing. I guess I'm just a bit panicky :s-smilie:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am new to this site xD
Original post by Oneirism4
I need to write a review for Hamlet around 750 words, problem is I have no idea how to start or what to do! Yikes! I would preferably like to base it on the theme of suicide. I have currently watched Gregory Doran's version with the lovely David Tennant xD and plan on watching the famous Olivier's 1848 version. I'm new to AS Literature but LOVE writing. I guess I'm just a bit panicky :s-smilie:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am new to this site xD

Hi and welcome to TSR.

Firstly make sure you're reading it as well as just watching movies!

Secondly just try and write what you want, hardest bit about writing is getting first line down on paper, once that's done I'm sure it'll flow. Think about the overall themes and messages of the play and how Shakespeare goes about presenting them.

Quick Reply

Latest