just want to be happy Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 49 years ago
For the last 3 years I've suffered with depression and for as long as I remember social anxiety. Through out this time I've had couple of months at a time where I feel better, generally because I've had some sort of distraction. This is when I've entered a new relationship. When I come out of my last relationship I never felt so low. This was my first relationship lasted 16 months.I wasn't eating lost just over a stone in 6 weeks. I went to the doctors and was put on anti depressants. Then I started talking to New people for a bit of a confidence boost and before I knew it found myself in a new relationship. I was 'happy' for a couple of months and don't have a problem with my relationship it's me. I am making him unhappy as I'm so short tempered and irritable all the ttime and I hate being this sort of person. Any slight upset feels the worst thing in the world and over the last few weeks it's been awful I've been having thoughts nearly everyday. I've just gradually lost interest in life. I've had a few sessions of counselling and I know what she's saying is right but it doesn't seem to be helping. I've just reached this point now where I don't know what I want or what makes me happy.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It sounds like it might be worth you trying a different antidepressant, or increasing the dose of the one you're on. The right antidepressant can make a huge difference in some people. Have you tried talking to your boy/girlfriend about how you feel, if s/he understood that you're not doing it on purpose it might make things move more smoothly for the two of you.
jennifugh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Maybe a therapist would be useful - I think you can get one on the NHS or there are private health care options or sometimes charities offer it. I think it'd be useful being able to talk to someone, offload how you are feeling. Also - a diary where you can just vent would help you. Alternatively talk to family, friends anyone who can be there for you. It may seem a bit awkward but it's worth it and chances are they will actually comfort you and help you. Here for you and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to private message me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (216)
60%
No (144)
40%

Watched Threads