Parked in a Tesco car park but did not get a ticket

Watch
matt1001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I did not realise there was a ticket machine until I went out with my shopping and drove off. Will I get a fine or penalty points on my license?
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by matt1001)
I did not realise there was a ticket machine until I went out with my shopping and drove off. Will I get a fine or penalty points on my license?
A ticket machine in a tesco car park?
Sgt.Incontro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by matt1001)
No, don't be silly, you won't get any penalty points.

And if you weren't fined at the time, its very unlikely anything further will happen.

Just forget about it.
Maid Marian
Report 6 years ago
Since when did tesco car parks have ticket machines?

If you didn't get a fine card put on your windscreen, then you should be okay.
tibbles209
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you legitimately didn't notice you were supposed to get a ticket, then it probably was not clearly enough displayed and, if they do try to fine you then you would have fair grounds for appeal. I've never heard of a tesco car park having a ticket system. Are you sure it wasn't for an adjoining car park?
Autistic Merit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think you can ever get points for parking unless it's yellow lines or in front of a school, correct me if I'm wrong.
alibee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You definitely won't get points, although some car parks now check how long people have been there using cameras rather than traffic wardens so you can't necessarily assume that no ticket on the windscreen=no ticket.

I know this sounds like a stupid question but were you actually in the Tesco?
Katie_p
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You definitely can't get any kind of driving sanction for parking in a PRIVATE car park, you just might get clamped and have to pay a release fee to a private company.
Some small inner town/city supermarkets run this system though, and I never noticed and never got told off for it!
syrettd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My Tesco car park (well there's two Tescos but one of them doesn't have a ticket machine) has a ticket machine that lets you have free parking if you bought more than £5 worth of stuff from inside (they give you a code for the machine), or you have to pay. It has all these high tech cameras so you have to input your licence plate and it recognises your car and then you pay/type in the code. If this is the sort of car park you used, you'll get a fine in the post.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know that the Tescos in Ludlow has a ticket machine, and I think you have to buy something from the shop to park there, too.
If you didn't get a notice on your windscreen when you came back to your car I think you can safely assume that you're fine.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've never been to a Tesco where they had a ticket machine? :confused:

I don't drive but I think the general rule is if it's a private car park, you don't need to pay the fine. At least, that's what my family and my sister's in-laws do and they all get away with it every time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads