Opionions on Assassin's Creed Black Flag?

Watch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've had the game for around 3 weeks now and can say I think it's a good game, Ive completed the main storyline and have upgraded the jackdaw fully but I'm at the stage where I'm kinda a little bored now. I'm not really sold on the multilayer and when you're endgame (best swords, pistol, fully upgraded jackdaw etc) what do you on the game?

Thoughts?
Jjj90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I haven't played it. I read a preview, it sounded like a rip off Sid Meier's Pirates, not just because of the theme, but the gameplay mechanics. But hey, i'll never know, I was put of by the woeful first game, oh and the way he runs always irritates me, with his arms jutting out behind him... I mean what the hell does he do that for?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Jjj90)
I haven't played it. I read a preview, it sounded like a rip off Sid Meier's Pirates, not just because of the theme, but the gameplay mechanics. But hey, i'll never know, I was put of by the woeful first game, oh and the way he runs always irritates me, with his arms jutting out behind him... I mean what the hell does he do that for?
Yeah this is my second creed game (that I actually played on) and some of the mechanics are truly crap! haha I know what you mean about the way he runs
Yorpul
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I loved the story, it was great.
I felt they could've made the characters like Black Beard a bit deeper and more important to the story however.

I know what you mean about the multiplayer, its' really, really, 'same-y' and has been since Brotherhood. I've never really enjoyed it, sadly.

I wish they would have added more side missions. Even something similar to the homestead missions in AC3 would've been good, they were my favorite part of the previous game. :sad:
Cannotbelieveit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My opionion is a good one.
Alextyler7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I haven't played any of the Assassins' Creed games yet, but I will, however, I have played all parts of POP and just love this game.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think I'll be getting it for a long while...not interested in AC anymore :/
xDave-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just finished it, and I can't really share the opinion that it's a good game. Spoiler alert
Spoiler:
Show
What made Assassin's Creed for me is the stuff in modern times. Everything in the animus was a side story, a means of finding something in real time. That worked really well from AC1 to AC3, even if AC3 was the foundation for this awful sailing theme. But, the modern day bit in AC3 killed Desmond, and now, in AC4, you're not even using a named person. They added in some bs animus backstory, and now you can delve into anyone's memories, no relation needed. There was no progression in the modern time; I fully expected the character to be revealed, maybe trained through the Bleeding Effect, and that we'd go find the Observatory. But no, it just ends. Edward's pirate story was the whole thing, and it might as well be called Pirate's Creed: Sailing Simulator these days. Meh. Most people won't agree as they probably don't play it for the modern day story, but that's just what I think. If Ubisoft want to make a pirate game, they should do that with a new IP, and stop ruining this series.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads