The Student Room Group

Does the weather affect your feelings?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Foo.mp3
There there kitten :emog: I'll be your sunshine :h:

Haha, that made me laugh :ahee: :borat:
Reply 21
My initial mood affects how I feel about the weather.. which in turn affects my mood. Does that make sense?
I ****ing hate the cold weather. I also hate the winter sun, it's so harsh and it makes driving a pain in the arse sometimes because you can't see properly. I miss summer :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by SoftPunch
x

Snow > Sun
:tongue:
Reply 24
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
My initial mood affects how I feel about the weather.. which in turn affects my mood. Does that make sense?

Nope.

Original post by WoodyMKC
I ****ing hate the cold weather. I also hate the winter sun, it's so harsh and it makes driving a pain in the arse sometimes because you can't see properly. I miss summer :frown:

I want the summer to be all year-round season too :frown:

Original post by ninuzu
Snow > Sun

take that back or you wish you'd never said it. :unimpressed:
Reply 25
take that back or you wish you'd never said it. :unimpressed:

:nooo:
Reply 26
Original post by ninuzu
:nooo:

:starwars:
Reply 27
:starwars:

:fight:
Reply 28
Absolutely beautiful weather today. Snowy mountains visible under a clear sky, very bright sun, but only 1/2 degrees :biggrin:
Still got weird looks for not wearing a coat/hat/scarf :frown: It's not THAT cold!
I definitely have SAD, although it's never been officially diagnosed. I can tell a complete difference, I have next to no motivation and I get slight anxiety too.

In the summer, I'm a totally different person with no worries at all, so it's obviously seasonal. Never been a major problem, not to the extent where I'd go to the doctor or anything, because I know what it is and know how to help myself (try to eat healthily and exercise helps a lot).
Reply 30
Original post by Katie_p
Absolutely beautiful weather today. Snowy mountains visible under a clear sky, very bright sun, but only 1/2 degrees :biggrin:
Still got weird looks for not wearing a coat/hat/scarf :frown: It's not THAT cold!

I probably would be one of those people giving weird looks, as I couldn't survive without a coat at this temp :colondollar:
Reply 31
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I definitely have SAD, although it's never been officially diagnosed. I can tell a complete difference, I have next to no motivation and I get slight anxiety too.

In the summer, I'm a totally different person with no worries at all, so it's obviously seasonal. Never been a major problem, not to the extent where I'd go to the doctor or anything.

Described my situation exactly!
Reply 32
I probably would be one of those people giving weird looks, as I couldn't survive without a coat at this temp :colondollar:

I find it really funny here because the locals are much more used to cold weather than us Brits - is reaches -15 in Jan/Feb apparently! And yet they're already all wrapped up in a billion layers and I'm rocking the christmas jumper and jeans :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by Katie_p
I find it really funny here because the locals are much more used to cold weather than us Brits - is reaches -15 in Jan/Feb apparently! And yet they're already all wrapped up in a billion layers and I'm rocking the christmas jumper and jeans :biggrin:

Wait, so where is that? o.O
I'm nocturnal, so either way, doesn't bother me
Reply 35
Wait, so where is that? o.O

Lake Constance, Swiss/German border :biggrin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Constance
I love it when I can see the Alps! :biggrin:
Reply 36
Nope.

'You wake up with a start, ten minutes later than you should have. You glare at the alarm clock, roughly thrown onto your desk, seemingly silent throughout the night, did it forget? Did you set the alarm? But there is no time to ponder that thought, you are already ten minutes late on an already tight schedule. Throwing on some odd combination of clothes you leave the house with a slice of dry toast, your minty breath from recently brushed teeth obscuring the taste. The rain begins to soak into your coat as you close it up while cursing the wind that broke your umbrella the previous day'

Rain is terrible when your mind is occupied and you have to walk through it, it feels like yet another obstacle holding you back from the things you already don't want to be doing but you have to.

'You sit on the windowsill, lights off, the day's been a bit difficult. You barely missed your deadline for an assignment you've been working on for a week, you're tired and worn out. But the work is done, there is no more to do for this weekend. You lean backwards against the wall and close your eyes and listen to the gentle rain as it patters against the window'

Rain can be comforting, it can drown out any stresses and thoughts of the day gone by. For some people it's sitting and listening to it, some people like to literally sit in the rain. But in either case it can help wash away the day.
(edited 10 years ago)
Snow makes me go yaaaaaaaaaaay :woo:
Original post by Katie_p
Lake Constance, Swiss/German border :biggrin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Constance
I love it when I can see the Alps! :biggrin:

Coincidence! A choir I'm in is going on tour around there in March :smile:
Reply 39
I'm alright now that I'm on holiday and I don't have to do anything. It was a nightmare trying to do uni work in this weather though.

Quick Reply

Latest