Which GCSE are you most worried about?

Watch
staticas
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This may have been posted before but I saw it based on A-Level exams and I was interested in people still studying at my level.

Which GCSE exam(/s) are you most worried about, what are you predicted (and if the predictions aren't what you want - what are you aiming for).

I am most worried about Science and Geography..because I was originally sitting this at foundation (I didn't focus last year - resulting in a C in Core Science on foundation that cannot be repeated on higher). I am predicted B's in everything other than science (predicted C), and A* in both English's (I already have an A in English lit but resitting).

Potentially I think I could come out with 2 C's, 3 B's, 5 A's, 2 A*'s - the 2 C's being Core science and Citizenship that I've already sat, and the B's in Sociology, Additional science and a Merit in IT. I can't decide whether these aims are too ambitious for me or not high enough - as I think I could possibly get an A in additional science, and A* in French, RE and maybe Sociology. But I'm also not sure if I can get an A in Maths. What about everybody else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
arianagrandes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm worried a lot about my Science's, I'm predicted A's in Biology & Chemistry, but I'm more worried about Physics, I think it's the hardest subject out there! I don't understand anything about it.
jepenseque
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm worried about English (predicted an A but could be an A* if I work really hard) and Physics (Predicted A*). I find English quite difficult and Physics just confuses me in general :confused:
Ben4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Which GCSE exam(/s) are you most worried about, what are you predicted (and if the predictions aren't what you want - what are you aiming for).

I am worried about English also, predicted a B but recently did a mock and achieved a D (3 marks off of a C) due to silly mistakes. I would like to do English Literature at A-Level but I have told myself if I don't get an A at GCSE for Literature then I will choose another subject.

I am pretty much worried about the 3 subjects I got a D in from the mocks, English Language, ICT and PE. I would really like to get a minimum of a B in all of those. I am targeted a B for all my subjects but for the mocks I came out with 2A*s 2As 1B and 3Ds (I didn't do a English Literature mock.) I think at the end of Year 11 I could potentially come out with 2As and 8Bs
MSJKSP
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am worried about most of my subjects for different reasons! I am probably most worried about History because there are so many facts to learn that go in one ear and out the other...
English Lit is hard too, because I don't know how to revise it so I don't know where I stand.
I'm also doing AS Maths which I am terrified about!
And I'm also worried about Science because we're the 1st year doing linear so I have all my exams at the end of the year and I want to do them ALL for A level so I really need to do well!
tanyapotter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
probably maths, as i tend to panic a lot and just miss out on the top grade in exams also geography, as i've received an A in controlled assessment and need to work especially hard in the exam for an A*..

Posted from TSR Mobile
abi_parsnips
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maths, I didn't focus at all last year... and now I have half an year to go from a C to an A
staticas
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by abi_parsnips)
Maths, I didn't focus at all last year... and now I have half an year to go from a C to an A
This is exactly my problem in most subjects - but definitely for Science and Geography!

Posted from TSR Mobile
frootim
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by abi_parsnips)
I'm in the exact same situation as you and I'm just so stressed out ugh :argh:
cookiecrumblexx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
worried for all of them teachers are no good and leave everything to last minute
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (143)
14.29%
I'm not sure (42)
4.2%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
30.17%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (488)
48.75%

Watched Threads